The quote game!

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2005, 2:41 pm

I liked Land, maybe not as much as American Tale or Nimh, but it's a handsome film with cute characters who are different (and sound like real kids, since the voice artists are always kids--another great thing about Bluth movies.) than the usual "spunky scrappy animated guy/girl." Bluth has the market cornered on unique characterizations. If only there was stronger grasp on plot structure....And I LOVE James Horner, whatever he does, but especially his Bluth work.

All Dogs is truly different. It's definetely got its flaws but man, what an original film. I love just watching it, even though it's....very, very strange sometimes. (Won't even try to figure out how depression-era dogs got ahold of a LASER GUN.) Charlie is truly an unlikable character for a while, fascinating in itself. His conversion to good isn't entirely convincing, but the emotions are handled very well, and this film can be very touching and very exciting. (I think critics who bashed it for not being as good as Oliver and Co should remember that O and C is basically the same plot--a bunch of dogs/cats get together to save a lonely little orphan kitten/orphan girl.

I liked Thembelina, especially the songs. But yeah, definete plot problems and by then I was in my mid-teens, not anywhere near the target audience for that picture. I didn't see another Bluth film until Anastasia came out....I liked it all right but a lot of the boldness of his early characters and plots was gone--it's an OK film but it feels like warmed over Disney (complete with an "I want" number)--spunky heroine, animal sidekicks, "unworthy" hero who wants to prove himself--I'm sorry but DB sold out!!!! It's NOTHING like Tail or All Dogs. NOTHING. Never saw Titan AE, and I don't have any urge to either. That's my feeling on Don Bluth. He was a great artist, I think he just didn't always know exactly what he wanted to express.

Also anyone who bashes Thumbelina should remember that only a year earlier (1993) two MUCH WORSE films came out--Happily Ever After and Fern Gully! Ugh! *feeling queasy*
Last edited by ShyViolet on July 7th, 2005, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 7th, 2005, 2:45 pm

I like the first two Land before times. I WUV CHOMPER! ^.^

ANYWAY HERE AH GO!

"If you're willing to accept what THEY think of you, you can just go! I almost did..."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 11th, 2005, 5:35 pm

Justice League?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 11th, 2005, 5:38 pm

nnnnnnope!
It's a movie. One of my favorites.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 11th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 11th, 2005, 7:42 pm

nope nope nope!
Animated.
and uhhh NOT disney.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2005, 7:15 am

Gawd, these quotes are soooooo general (and my Yellow Sub one wasn't Disney)! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 12th, 2005, 9:20 am

It's not general >:O

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2005, 3:02 pm

What year Mac?? Or at least is it 21st century?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 12th, 2005, 4:23 pm

HINT: animals

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2005, 9:04 pm

Cats Don't Dance?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 12th, 2005, 9:05 pm

CORRECT

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2005, 9:07 pm

Love that film. Okay...an easy one, as it's late and I wanna get to bed:

"Hoooooooly ship!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 13th, 2005, 8:16 am

Ben wrote:Love that film. Okay...an easy one, as it's late and I wanna get to bed:

"Hoooooooly ship!"
The Road to El Dorado!

Another easy one:

"Hey waiter, I'm in my soup!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 13th, 2005, 2:02 pm

A Bug's Life?