Worst animated character ever?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 31st, 2008, 4:52 am

EricJ wrote:Not a complete disconnected break like the Terrytoon "Mighty Mouse"'s, but more of an unfamiliar attempt to try and imitate what fans are laughing at in other cartoons. That doesn't sound logical.
Hey, why does Mighty Mouse get such bad press? Those cartoons were not meant to be funny funny, being more a melodramatic and action orientated spoof of the Fleischer Supermans.

And, whatever anyone may say about cycles and reused animation, they were full frame rate, looked good and were <I>fun</I>. I'm sure glad I have my three/four hours worth of MM cartoons in my archive...but still wishing for a DVD release.

ShyViolet wrote:Maybe we should move this convo to a private message so the thread doesn't go off topic. :wink:
Yep. Also, no foreign languages on the boards please...we may have no idea of what you're saying! I know Vi would have alerted me if OUAD's note could cause offense, so I didn't remove it, but this isn't the place and any such further instances will be removed, good or bad, so going PM is appreciated. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 31st, 2008, 6:07 am

:oops: Yeah, sorry about that...it was just: "Hi, how are you; I'm fine." But I realized it might alienate anyone who didn't understand of course, (and it's not animation related) which was why I realized we shouldn't continue.

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 31st, 2008, 5:59 pm

Ben wrote:
EricJ wrote:Not a complete disconnected break like the Terrytoon "Mighty Mouse"'s, but more of an unfamiliar attempt to try and imitate what fans are laughing at in other cartoons.
Hey, why does Mighty Mouse get such bad press? Those cartoons were not meant to be funny funny, being more a melodramatic and action orientated spoof of the Fleischer Supermans.
I think Ralph Bakshi and John K. once summed it up in one line:
Just why WERE they singing?? :shock:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 1st, 2008, 7:23 am

Because that was the approach taken! A melodramatic Gilbert & Sullivan operatic style!

Why do the characters sing in The Little Mermaid? Why does Johnny Depp slit people's throats while warbling about Joanna? It's the chosen format!

Mighty Mouse was created in a mock-operatic style....it's as simple as that and if they can't see that, then that's why their approach, much as it was funny, failed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by REINIER » March 16th, 2008, 12:12 pm

HI there guys, newbie here all the way from Dutchville :mrgreen:

Sarouche, hunchback 2, definetely the worst excuse for a disney villain ever.

8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 16th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Agreed. "I mean to have that bell!" haha, yeah. :roll:

He really was a lame villain, not even his design was that good...

And welcome, REINIER! Nice to see a familiar face. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » March 16th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Agreed. "I mean to have that bell!" haha, yeah.
Wow. I haven't seen Hunchback 2, but that sounds absolutely hideous.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 16th, 2008, 9:19 pm

"Hideous" is a word to describe it, yes. A very <I>light</I> word, mind you... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by REINIER » March 18th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Daniel wrote:Agreed. "I mean to have that bell!" haha, yeah. :roll:

He really was a lame villain, not even his design was that good...

And welcome, REINIER! Nice to see a familiar face. :)
Same here Daniel :wink:

Stitch rules!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by jcvaldez » March 28th, 2008, 10:22 am

Every character in the movies "Hoodwinked", "Happy Feet", "Polar Express", and "Horton Hears a Who!" (the CG Horton... not the original 2d animated version).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 28th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Hoodwinked actually gets a bad rap for its animation. And Happy Feet, even though I didn't like the movie, has some great moments of animation (not all of it was motion-captured, and even then it was keyframed afterwards).

A really bad CG movie is the recent Ten Commandments...ouch! :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by jcvaldez » March 31st, 2008, 12:38 pm

Ben the question was not the quality of animation but the worst animated charaters... Hoodwinked's character all sucked nad Happy feet was terrible.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 31st, 2008, 2:00 pm

The Queen's brother from Happily Ever After is also bad,don't even get me started on the seven female dwarfs.
Happily Ever After is so werid and dosn't make any sense,it's a pretty dumb movie,of course Disney's Snow White is much better,and the Disney Snow White is much better then this Snow White,this version was pretty annyoing and weak.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]