Worst animated character ever?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2005, 7:11 pm

And I hate speed racer =P
Me too!

Also, you can hate me for this comment if you want to:

But I find the vast majority of Anime (not counting unique films like Akira, Princess Mononoke,Spirited Away etc...) to be EXTREMELY annoying. Is it me, or do they show WAY too much of it on Cartoon Network?? :twisted:

The stories are impossable to follow, the characters are whiny and the art is just plain bad!

OK, let the flaming begin.... :wink:

They should get rid of most of that garbadge and put on cartoons that are actually ENTERTAINING. Futurama, The Critic, Daria, Batman Beyond, Batman: The Animated Series etc...

Unfortunately, all those shows I just mentioned have just been put on DVD for like at least fifty bucks a piece. Easier for them to make money that way, I guess. :x
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 5th, 2005, 7:38 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Mushu--Eddie Murphy just DID NOT belong in that movie. (Every time he comes on I feel like I'm watching Shrek!)
I know this has been said, but I gotta back it up:

Mulan (1998)

Shrek (2001)

You do the math... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 5th, 2005, 9:28 pm

BEN!

2001 can't be subtracted from 1998!

GOOD JOB PROFESSOR

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 6th, 2005, 8:32 am

Ahh, but, ever heard of ADDITION...?

Mushu + three = Donkey.
(1998) + three = (2001).

Got. It. Now. ? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 6th, 2005, 4:18 pm

Don't play your mind games with me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 6th, 2005, 7:28 pm

Your powers are weak, old man...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 7th, 2005, 6:15 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
But I find the vast majority of Anime (not counting unique films like Akira, Princess Mononoke,Spirited Away etc...) to be EXTREMELY annoying. Is it me, or do they show WAY too much of it on Cartoon Network?? :twisted:
Ugh...Yes, I've never understood what was so great about Anime, or Manga, for that matter. I could just go on and on about it...but, it is great to make fun of! :twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 7th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Ben wrote: Mushu + three = Donkey
Um...*drool*

I like Mulan. Not an amazing movie, no, but I still think it's good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 13th, 2005, 11:17 am

Ugh...Yes, I've never understood what was so great about Anime, or Manga, for that matter. I could just go on and on about it...but, it is great to make fun of!
]

Actually, there is some Anime that's really awesome, like Spirited Away, a great movie. Akira was weird but mind-blowing all the same. But all this stuff on CW is just.....blah!! It's impossable to follow, boring and lame. I don't know why they show so much of it, but I guess someone must be watching it.
Actually I don't know if anyone ever watched "The Little Bits" on Nick Junior (these tiny elves that live in the forest) but that's Anime as well. I never watched the Nick show, but when I lived in Israel I saw that show dubbed in Hebrew and it was EXCELLENT. Then, many years later, I caught it on Nick and I was like: "What the hell is this?" The English dubbing was HORRIBLE and completely ruined it. I think that's part of why some Anime is so bad--the dubbing is cringe-worthy. One of the reasons Spirited Away translated so well to American audiences was that John Lassetter and co. did a great job directing the American actors when the film was dubbed. (Plus they used professional actors.)

I think that Anime is also based on the whole Asian "serial" style of stories that just keep going and going, like soap operas. I think if the stories were more self-contained and anyone could get into them, Anime would be a lot more enjoyable.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 13th, 2005, 3:44 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Actually, there is some Anime that's really awesome, like Spirited Away, a great movie. Akira was weird but mind-blowing all the same. But all this stuff on CW is just.....blah!! It's impossable to follow, boring and lame. I don't know why they show so much of it, but I guess someone must be watching it.
Yes, some anime is good. I should of mentioned that.

And, ugh, the dubbing is definatly one of the biggest reason I don't like!

BTW...Has anyone seen that recent Gieco commercail making fun of Speed Racer?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 14th, 2005, 3:27 pm

I saw it. It's pretty cute! :wink:

But I REALLY hate SR.

BTW Meg...how come you don't like Megara from Hercules?

Disney should have done more Greek Tales--the Odyssey would have been great (check out the sirens scene in Sinbad!) Or maybe even the Iliad, toned down for the kids of course.

Or Oedipus: the Disney movie. Somehow I don't think they would have done THAT one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 14th, 2005, 3:31 pm

ShyViolet wrote: BTW Meg...how come you don't like Megara from Hercules?
I just found her annoying...I think it was her voice. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 14th, 2005, 5:07 pm

Y'know, when I was at DisneyLand in '98 (I think), I fell in love (temporarily of course) with the girl playing Meg in the Hercules parade.

I don't know why I felt compelled to tell you guys that. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 14th, 2005, 5:41 pm

The girls playing the disney females, minus the animal characters, are generally really. really. hot. ohgod.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 14th, 2005, 5:51 pm

The guys are dorky-looking! (I've never been to DL or DW but I've seen pics)

I like the cartoon Meg, she's an interesting character and I actually like her voice. Plus I like the whole "Slave" thing she has going with Hades. Hades is really mean to her. (but I still like him. :wink: )