General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 3rd, 2005, 8:02 pm

I LIKED HAVING IT RED I WANTED IT TO STAY THAT WAY :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 4th, 2005, 10:44 am

I told James you'd be disappointed when it changed back.

Maybe one day, Macaluso... maybe one day. ;)

Back on topic:

I love Kim Possible. Well, not LOVE it, but I think it's a smart, fun show, with some clever writing for the lower-aged audience. The end of season movie, which I am waiting to arrive so I can write my review up for, looks really good, with some nice CGI in there I think.

KP has not got the depth of other shows, such as those on Cartoon Network or Nick, but it's a sweeter show that proves you can still be funny without being crass.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 4th, 2005, 9:47 pm

Ron is awsome!

One thing I don't like about Kim is that she hasn't got many faults. A good character needs bad traits as well as good ones! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 4th, 2005, 10:02 pm

"She can do anything!"

But really, she does have faults. Even if some of them aren't mentioned often. She had to wear braces. She's scared of bugs (Or more specifically, giant cockroaces). While she's still a good student, she's often late for class and constantly ditches Cheerleading practice. Then of course, she can't drive a car worth a crap :P

I'd say my only real problem with the show, is that the really cheesy last name. I mean, I understand what they were trying to do with a name like Kim Possible, but it still is pretty cheesy.

And yes. Ron rocks my face off. Him, and the just over the top villians. Namely, Dr. Drakke and Senor Sr. Senior, and Senor Sr. Junior.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 4th, 2005, 10:49 pm

Macaluso wrote:I'd say my only real problem with the show, is that the really cheesy last name. I mean, I understand what they were trying to do with a name like Kim Possible, but it still is pretty cheesy.
C'mon! That's like saying "I liked Speed Racer except for all the car stuff"! The show would be a bust if her name were Kim Smith!

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 4th, 2005, 11:14 pm

Hey, there's no denying that it's still really cheesy.

And I hate speed racer =P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 4th, 2005, 11:24 pm

Macaluso wrote:And I hate speed racer =P
Me too! Talk about cheesy!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 5th, 2005, 9:20 am

LOL!

Senor Senior, Sr. and Senor Senior Jr. are my favorite villains too - nice to hear Ricardo Montelban still doing great stuff.

Worse than Kim Possible, which works as a pun, is Ron Stoppable, whic just doesn't work as a name, really. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 5th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Yeah but Ron makes up for it by being Ron =P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2005, 12:58 pm

What would you say is the worst animated character ever? It can be a main or supporting character from anything, including a feature film, a television series, or even a television commercial.

Almost everyone in Mulan.

Yeah, so I'm a Mulan-hater. I don't hate HER, but I think that you don't really get much insight into her character or what motivates her to go to war (Other than her dad.) I just never believed in her character. She's like a pale imitation of Belle--the "smart misfit girl" who's "different from the rest." Yeah, never heard that one before.

The sidekick characters as well as her "love interest" ALL grate on me.
Mushu--Eddie Murphy just DID NOT belong in that movie. (Every time he comes on I feel like I'm watching Shrek!) The silly humor with him and Cri-kee was really out of place. Also, Cri-kee had absolutely no personality and was basically a carbon copy of Flit from Pocahontas. Harvey Firestein--what IN THE WORLD were they thinking??
The less said about him in this film the better. The stuff with the ancestors is stupid and offensive, it totally trivializes Chinese culture. Mulan's beau had even less personality than Cri-kee, Mulan must have been pretty hard up to fall for him! Guess it was all those muscles....Hated the sidekicks (WAY too many of them!) Hated the villain,hated the story, (which was completely by-the-numbers) hated the romance (it almost seems like an afterthought--Mulan's grandma seems more interested in him than Mulan) hated the out-of-place slapstick humor. But most of all I think I hated the fact that you never get the feel of China or Chinese culture--not for one minute during this film do you ever feel like you're not in a Disney movie.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting. As you can probably tell, I really didn't care for this film. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 5th, 2005, 1:48 pm

I loved Mushu D:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2005, 1:50 pm

He was cute, but he just didn't belong in that film in the first place IMO. But compared to the other lame characters he was pretty good.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 5th, 2005, 1:54 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Mushu--Eddie Murphy just DID NOT belong in that movie. (Every time he comes on I feel like I'm watching Shrek!)
That's funny because every time I see Donkey in Shrek I feel like I'm watching Mulan! C'mon, Donkey is an EXACT reprisal of Mushu!
ShyViolet wrote:But most of all I think I hated the fact that you never get the feel of China or Chinese culture--not for one minute during this film do you ever feel like you're not in a Disney movie.
Then you must not like many animated films at all! Almost every animated film that deals with another culture has given that culture short shrift.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Yeah but not as much as Mulan. Pocahontas and Aladdin may not have gotten everything right about the cultures, but you really had a feeling like you were in a whole other world. While watching Mulan, I just feel like I'm in a McDonald's Happy Meal.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 5th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Mushu and Donkey rock.

Don't watch KP, but I can tell that she rocks.

As for the topic of the thread, I really have no idea.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."