Article on all the Disney live action remakes of animated classics

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Article on all the Disney live action remakes of animated classics

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2019, 4:54 am

Entire career?

Beetlejuice, Batman and Edward, all pre-Nightmare, say hi.

To be fair on Nightmare, the guy did create the story, characters and tone, and brought everyone together to make it. He’s the creator of that whole thing, and did produce it and make the final creative decisions. It is really a Tim Burton movie in all but name, even if the actual realisation was mostly undertaken by others.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 8th, 2019, 11:35 pm

Hmmm....I don’t even know whether this actually does depress me or not! Lol. J/K. ;)

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/05/07 ... t-theaters
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 9th, 2019, 12:49 am

Yes, this IS an actual thing:

December 23, 2020 – Cruella

A live-action remake of an animated film that already had a pretty close live action remake. This makes those direct-to-video “cheapquels” from 15 years ago look like The Little Mermaid. :roll: (And not the one that’s coming out in like two years from now!)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 9th, 2019, 6:48 am

Ben wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 4:54 am
To be fair on Nightmare, the guy did create the story, characters and tone, and brought everyone together to make it. He’s the creator of that whole thing, and did produce it and make the final creative decisions. It is really a Tim Burton movie in all but name, even if the actual realisation was mostly undertaken by others.
Still, as I say, watch Henry Selick's "Coraline", watch Tim Burton (& Mike Johnson)'s "Corpse Bride", and YOU decide Nightmare's DNA paternity test.
ShyViolet wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 12:49 am
Yes, this IS an actual thing:
December 23, 2020 – Cruella
They also want to take one more stab at that Maleficent sequel they promised...what, five years ago? Six?...and this was probably a memo left over at the time.
Only instead of Tim Burton's Alice being the "alibi" for feminist-revisionist remakes, now they're trying to hitch it to what they think is the general remakes' success, and whatever title-revival business strategy they think they've hooked onto with it.

Leaving aside the fact that Aladdin and Lion King still haven't opened YET--But Disney's sure acting like they've read the box-office grosses in next week's newspaper.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2019, 6:54 am

Not sure I get that "news"...all those films have been know about for ages, some for years. Cruella has been in the works for around three years, first as a Glenn Close sequel and then as an Emma Stone prequel, written by Saving Mr Banks' Kelly Marcel. It’s starts shooting soon, while the second Maleficent, which was announced soon after the first came out, is releasing this Halloween.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2019, 11:43 am

One bit of "new" news is the release date for Cruella. Doesn't really seem like a Christmasy type movie, say like Poppins. Not much of an idea either, but meh. Filming starts this summer. :!: