AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 14th, 2005, 4:54 pm

LOL. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bshum » June 15th, 2005, 5:15 am

hey,

ok, I guess I didn't get that :) thanks for the welcoming! I am a huge fan of animation :P

cheers,

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 15th, 2005, 3:35 pm

Ben wrote:LOL. ;)
What?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 15th, 2005, 4:37 pm

They managed to create an excellent vacation resort that appeals to almost everybody in the world, and gay and lesbian folks are no different
I could be wrong, but I think it's mostly gay men, not lesbiens, who are into Disneyana/DisneyWorld. (This is not meant to stereotype but is just a casual observation, like "Some lesbiens like alternative music")
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » June 17th, 2005, 2:22 pm

:shock:

I also feel angry that the insane chairperson of this campaign is distorting a nice guy's words like Roy Disney. I dislike Eisner in general for his decisions and opinions (ignoring the old classics and vintage characters, slamming Pixar etc), so I am rather partial to his nemesis, Roy Disney. On the main page, the Save Disney statement is featured, with the words "that the Company is rapacious, soul-less, and always looking for the 'quick buck'" in bold. This is supposed to attack the sequels etc, not, from my point of view to manipulate others.
Last edited by Wonderlicious on August 6th, 2006, 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 17th, 2005, 3:26 pm

In fairness, that Gay Day website I posted had some pretty heavy anti-religious propaganda as well! My favorite line was the bit about how Disney cast members privately say how mean and rude Christian groups coming to the park are while even the most homophobic cast members really enjoy the fun and friendly atmosphere during Gay Days!

Turning serious now, let's not turn this into an anti-religion or anti-gay debate. If you can't make points for your side without denigrating the other side, your argument probably isn't very valid to begin with!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2005, 4:15 pm

I will just add that, when it comes to religion, we simply live in a different time and with different values now.

Tradition is one thing, but stubborness... :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 18th, 2005, 5:07 pm

The problem on each side is that the most stubborn and intolerant members of both groups always seem to be the loudest! And I think we can probably all agree on that!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Amen! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 18th, 2005, 6:41 pm

James wrote:The problem on each side is that the most stubborn and intolerant members of both groups always seem to be the loudest! And I think we can probably all agree on that!
Nicely said.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » June 19th, 2005, 11:02 am

I'm sorry if I'm turning this topic into a heat thread. :(
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 19th, 2005, 11:17 am

James wrote:The problem on each side is that the most stubborn and intolerant members of both groups always seem to be the loudest! And I think we can probably all agree on that!
I think that's the problem with, like, everything. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 21st, 2005, 5:57 pm

I also feel angry that the insane chairperson of this campaign is distorting a nice guy's words like Roy Disney. I dislike Eisner in general for his decisions and opinions (ignoring the old classics and vintage characters, slamming Pixar etc), so I am rather partial to his nemesis, Roy Disney. On the main page, the Save Disney statement is featured, with the words "that the Company is rapacious, soul-less, and always looking for the 'quick buck'" in bold. This is supposed to attack the sequels etc, not, from my point of view to manipulate others.
That's kind of interesting since from what I understand, he doesn't want to be linked with the Christian fundamentalists when it comes to fighting Eisner.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!