Superman

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 5th, 2007, 8:43 am

Hal Jordon would be my choice too. He <I>is</I> Green Lantern.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 5th, 2007, 10:54 am

I haven't heard anything about Green Lantern, but WB supposedly is planning a film based on The Flash. At one point, David Goyer was attached to write, direct or both (which, as a fan of his work, I thought would have been cool) but he has since dropped out. For now no definite director has been announced, nor have they said which version of the character they're going to use (Barry Allen or Wally West). See, this is what drives me crazy. Marvel is making all these movies (which I love, being the fanatic I am) but WB takes so long to produce any DC film that by the time they try and mount a challenge to Marvel's comic movie empire the bubble may have burst (as much as I love comic movies, I know the boom won't last forever). WB needs to get their rear in gear and greenlight some of these movies quick if they want to cash in while the genre is still popular.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2007, 8:20 pm

There was that Flash CBS movie in 1990 though right? Oops...I think we already covered that....:wink: :oops:

It looked pretty bad....:?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 5th, 2007, 10:29 pm

That was a regular series for The Flash, lasting one year (and now on DVD). It had some pretty bad eps, but also a few really good ones. Mark Hammil tried out his "Joker" schtick first here as The Trickster.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2007, 8:44 am

The Flash had an awesome Danny Elfman theme tune. "Revenge Of The Trickster" was a two parter, like the pilot, that was aired here and released on home video as a pair of "features". They were pretty good fun.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 6th, 2007, 11:19 am

In the US, the Trickster eps were not originally together, but they did come out together as that videotape compilation you mentioned, running as a movie. Those ones were good, as were the other comic-based eps, like the ones with Mirror Master, Captain Cold, and the 2 comic-inspired Nightshade eps. The DVD set is worth it for just those episodes. (I think Howard Chaykin and Francis Moore wrote all of the good ones.) And yes, Elfman's Batman-esque theme was great. The Flash costume was pretty good, though overly muscled, and much of the look of the show was similar to Burton's "Batman" aesthetic sense--- modern, with touches of the past.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 8th, 2007, 9:34 am

Forget Superman and Batman. They've been done to death, or in the case of Superman one guy's so iconic it's going to take AT LEAST another generation before the part can be seriously recast.

I do have to admit that I like Routh and Bale a lot as actors....if they do ever make a "Justice League" movie it would be cool to watch them face off....(especially if its the RIGHT director, like Ramie, Nolan, etc...)

It's also interesting that if you compare Bale and Routh to Keaton and Reeves, they both look so much younger than those actors did when playing Bats/Supes.

The thing is Reeves was only 28 (Routh was 26) when playing Supes, Keaton was what...36 when playing Bats? Wasn't Bale around 29/30 or so? Not that much of a difference, if you ask me.

Maybe that's why some people feel that they are not forceful enough when playing those roles--but I think anyone you pick from their generation (X, Y, whatever you want to call it) is going to look, and act, younger than their film predecessors.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 9th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Reeve.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2007, 12:34 am

No, I totally agree Reeve is better....:), I just thought it would be interesting to compare Keaton to Bale and Reeves to Routh.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 12th, 2007, 5:37 am

No, Reeve.

Not Reeves...

Reeve.

No S. I wasn't comparing anyone. I was correcting ythat often-made mistake.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2007, 12:26 pm

Ugh, sorry about that....can't believe I made that mistake. :( :oops:

I've seen others make it too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 8th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Yeah,

It comes down to how you believe superheroes and real-life people should act.

Do you believe that a person with power SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE and act for the BETTERMENT OF HUMANITY, or should that person get off behaving like your typical celebrity idiot?

It's a damning indictment of society when we accept the ultra-wealthy, celebrity sports figures, and entertainers who routinely cheat on their spouses, beat other people up, and routinely get away with breaking the law as the norm. They routinely DENY RESPONSIBILITY for their actions and blame others. Sad to think that there are people who think these guys are HEROES, too.

Totally random, but apparently Paris Hilton was finally reigned in and is being forced to go to jail--not house arrest or country club, but JAIL jail.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/0 ... index.html

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 9th, 2007, 12:36 am

Getting off-topic, but I still think Paris got off too easy. Her attitude is unbelievable.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 9th, 2007, 12:41 am

You read my mind Rand. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2007, 8:31 am

I think that's brilliant.

Someone like that getting that kind of sentance at all is a major coup for us poor folk. Yes, she got off lightly, but how many times have you seen a celeb like this get "community service" or something else.

Justice was, on this occasion, served. Let's just hope any appeal doesn't work out for her.