Anybody what Andy Gaskill is working on?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Anybody what Andy Gaskill is working on?

Post by Guardstone » July 5th, 2005, 5:59 pm

Is he even still at Disney? I'm a HUGE fan of this man's work, and am very eager to know what new production I can look forward to seeing his art direction in again. Are there people here working at the studios who know?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 6th, 2005, 9:15 am

As one of the earliest adopters of CGI at Disney, I think the man is still likely to be at the Mouse House.

Is he not involved on American Dog, I seem to remember from somewhere?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Guardstone » July 7th, 2005, 10:52 am

Thanks Ben!
I wouldn't know about American Dog (IMDB only lists Chris Sanders so far), but it comes as no surprise to me that Gaskill would have no difficulties switching to 3D, Art Direction would still apply in more or less the same way as in 2D.
Very nice to see Sanders and Gaskill working on the same project again, wasn't the last one The Lion King? I'm very much looking forward to this! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2005, 11:12 am

Very nice to see Sanders and Gaskill working on the same project again, wasn't the last one The Lion King? I'm very much looking forward to this!

Didn't Sanders do Lilo and Stitch too?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Guardstone » July 7th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Well, yeah, Sanders wrote and directed the film (together with Dean DeBlois), but art direction was by Ric Sluiter, not Andy Gaskill. For as far as I know, the two only worked together on The Lion King.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 7th, 2005, 12:48 pm

And I don't know for SURE that Gaskill's on American Dog. That's something that seemed to spring to mind when his name was brought up, but I'm fairly sure he was someone involved on that film.