DreamWorks Discussion

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

DreamWorks Discussion

Post by Uli » July 7th, 2005, 3:50 am

Not a big deal, actually...
But seems to me, it looks better this way 8)

Check for yourselves -- http://www.dreamworks.com/dreamworks_home.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 7th, 2005, 10:42 am

Very cool, I like the DW music motif.

Hmmmm, maybe they should have also done something with that little boy with the fishing pole.

I heard that there were actually people out there who objected to that logo, as it endorses fish murder!

But he's not REALLY catching fish, he's fishing for ideas. (According to Spielberg.)

I also like the new DW animation logo. I think it's good because it'll help regular people differentiate between DW animation and movies, thus making DW animation more visible.
Last edited by ShyViolet on July 7th, 2005, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » July 8th, 2005, 10:37 am

ShyViolet wrote:I heard that there were actually people out there who objected to that logo, as it endorses fish murder!

But he's not REALLY catching fish, he's fishing for ideas. (According to Spielberg.)
According to the opening sequence of a DW animated feature, he's actually fishing for sharks... :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Guardstone » July 16th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Wow... it's STILL crap!

That's not even close to being a well designed interface (with some flaky actionscript programming as well...). If you're gonna use Flash, use it in a way that really uses the possibilities of the platform. This site (even aside from the lousy interface) might just as well have been built in xhtml.

Unbelievable, did Jeffrey 'okay' this? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 18th, 2005, 8:22 pm

Maybe he was distracted by that whole shareholder suit thing. :idea: 8)

I also think the site could be better, especially the DW Animation site which bascially has nothing, just a list of the films, jobs, policies, that's pretty much it. I hate to say it but they could learn from the Disney.com site... :roll:

That's not even close to being a well designed interface (with some flaky actionscript programming as well...). If you're gonna use Flash, use it in a way that really uses the possibilities of the platform. This site (even aside from the lousy interface) might just as well have been built in xhtml.
Wow, you really know your stuff! :wink: :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 16th, 2005, 4:42 pm

If DreamWorks gets sold off to Universal how will that affect the site? What about the DW animation site?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Guardstone » September 16th, 2005, 4:55 pm

That probably depends on whether or not the Dreamworks brand will remain. If it will, I would not expect any changes in the DW sites in the next year or so. If Universal takes over completely, there is no way they won't change the sites. Chances are however, that the animation site will become part of the general features site.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Aardman burns down

Post by harkin » October 10th, 2005, 12:34 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 10th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Some discussion already about this here: http://animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=898

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Aardman burns down-NOOOOOOOO....

Post by michaeldaubert » October 10th, 2005, 1:59 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4326286.stm

How terrible! All that history lost.
Michael Daubert
Studio Director
The Animation Farm
www.theanimationfarm.com

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 10th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Err...

You know it was only the storage facility for old props, sets, cels, and storyboards that got destroyed, right?

The actual FILM studio which is in another area didn't catch fire.

'Sides, Aardman DOESN'T save the clay figures because they go bad quickly after they finish filming. They even said losing some of the sets wasn't that big a deal because they rebuild for most filming anyway.

The more important thing is that NOBODY was physically hurt by the fire... Although why the fire happened in the first place is beyond me. Faulty wiring? Arson? Plain dumb luck?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2005, 4:22 pm

If it was intentional, wouldn't that be Aarson?

Anyway, locking this thread. Let's continue in this one:
http://animated-news.com/forum/viewtopi ... =8283#8283

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2005, 4:24 pm

Yep, let's continue this in there, shall we?

Locking...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 27th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Interesting--even after the sale to Paramount neither the regular DreamWorks site nor the animation site have been altered at all. Hmmm...... :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2006, 6:55 am

Sales don't just happen in the blink of an eye Vi!

It takes months for legal to work it all out and to finalise things. What has happened is that Paramount has made an offer and SKG have agreed to it.

Now there is lots of hard work to be done while contracts are made up, looked over, signed, etc. Then the logistics need to be ironed out, like who goes where and how.

Could be Spring before Paramount offcially "owns" DreamWorks outright, and in anycase, they didn't buy Animation as that is a publicly owned company, so that website won't change anyway.