What's the worst Disney movie?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Menace » August 9th, 2005, 11:52 pm

AniMan wrote:This one's an easy one for me. I know it has its own loyal fans, but for me, Home on the Range is just absolutely awful. Songs --- forgettable. Animation --- run of the mill. Voice characterizations --- not bad for the most part, but Roseanne KILLED IT for me in this department. Her voice just annoyed the heck out of me. And ultimately, the story was remarkably lame. I just didn't care for one moment what happened to anyone in this movie. I was bored to tears. :cry:
Can't say I've seen that one. Sounds awful. Casting is important when making a movie. That's why Batman and Robin was so terrible. George Clooney as Batman?! God! What were they thinking? Oh--sorry. Stay on topic, Menace.

Yeah ok. Worst Disney movie. That's a tough one. Especially since Disney has the same type of reputation Tom Hanks has. There aren't any bad movies, perse. But if I had to choose one, I'd choose the least interesting of movies. And I have settled on Bambi...for the simple fact that I just did not find it all that captivating. I'm a strange brand of Disney watchers, so I'll more than likely get flammed for picking that one. But I sat here and thought about it.. "Did I ever really sit down and watch Bambi all the way through? Don't think so!" So yeah. I don't care much for flicks with talking animals.

Except for Lion King...that movie was a masterpiece!
And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. My two cents.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by taguirre69 » August 10th, 2005, 2:56 pm

I don't really dislike any Disney Animated Movie. Though the one that stick out in my mind as the one that I like the least, which has a huge following and people just love, but I do no like The Emperors New Groove. I don't know why I did not like like, I just won't watch it after seeing it twice and it doesn't entertain me.

The Direct-to-Video that I liked the least is between Tarzan & Jane and Hunchback 2 (Although I loved the first one of each of them).

As for Live Actions, I really do not see many of them, I am mainly interested in animation.

Lastly, I can never get sick of Stitch. I love everything that they release for him and I think Lilo & Stitch is one of the funniest movies Disney has ever put out.
We're dead! We're dead! We survived but we're dead!
-The Dash from The Incredibles

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » August 10th, 2005, 4:31 pm

To bad that most of the people think bambi is really bad, and that is for babies. I think it is for everyone, it is as life, its for babies only in the begining but when bambi grows up, its what happens to teens like us. Bambi fells in love with faline and have their 2 kids.
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by blythekid » September 16th, 2005, 12:26 am

Animated Movie : for me it would have to be Atlantis. the only part i liked about this movies was the really overly dramatic part when the girl (kira?) makes the stones spin and her eyes go blank. i thought that this movie was kind of phoney with the wipes from scene to scene and Michale J. Fox's voice.... ugh

DTV Cinderella 2....... i actually turned this movie off and i can sit through a lot but not this piece of work.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 16th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Ack, I forgot Teachers Pet. Even the two kids I was babysitting hated that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 16th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Teacher's Pet is terrible on its own anyway. Which is a shame because Nathan Lane is awesome.

I like all the "bad" movies that people mentioned. I loved Home on the Range (except for the burping bits. I always hate that in movies). Infact, I loved it even MORE the second time i saw it. I loved atlantis. I loved treasure planet. I liked Dinosaur (except for that jerkasauras line. what the hell was that).

I feel so alone ;_;

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 16th, 2005, 3:56 pm

except for that jerkasauras line. what the hell was that).

:lol:

I'll bet anything some executive thought that was brilliant.

Teacher's Pet is terrible on its own anyway. Which is a shame because Nathan Lane is awesome.
I've watched it a few times. It's "sorta" funny, but I just don't "get" the point of it. Is he a boy or a dog? And why should we care anyway? :roll:

I agree, Nathan Lane is really cool. I can't wait to see The Producers movie. I never saw the show or the original film.

Oh by the way there is this film Proof coming out, based on the play. It's with Gwynth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins. (About mathamatics and mental illness) DO NOT see this movie! They COMPLETELY messed up the play, tried to make it all pretty and picturesque like A Beautiful Mind type thing, definetely looks bad, and Paltrow is too, too OLD! (the character is supposed to be broody and 25, that really sounds like Paltrow right? :roll: ) Read the play, or watch a production of it. Anything's better than this sorry imitation.

This is the WORST example of bad casting since Hopkins did The Human Stain. (He's totally wrong for the Proof role too.)

Hollywood s****! :? (sorry for the profanity and going off topic! :oops: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 16th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Macaluso wrote:Teacher's Pet is terrible on its own anyway. Which is a shame because Nathan Lane is awesome.
What kills me is all the great reviews it got!
I like all the "bad" movies that people mentioned. I loved Home on the Range (except for the burping bits. I always hate that in movies). Infact, I loved it even MORE the second time i saw it. I loved atlantis. I loved treasure planet. I liked Dinosaur (except for that jerkasauras line. what the hell was that).
I liked Atlantis & Treasure Planet, too...Dinosaur was simply gorgeous, and the score was amazing.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 17th, 2005, 7:44 am

I loved Teacher's Pet 'cause it was so random and out there - a big surprise for me, anyway.

Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Dinosaur all have amazingly fantastic scores, and I loved Treasure Planet as a movie too.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 17th, 2005, 1:37 pm

I was disappointed when Dinosaur's score didn't get nominated for an Oscar. I think people compared it too much to The Lion King's score.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » September 17th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Alot of amazing animated scores are snubbed and get the shaft. *coughTheIncrediblesMichaelGiaccinocough*
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 17th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Alot of amazing animated scores are snubbed and get the shaft. *coughTheIncrediblesMichaelGiaccinocough*

I have four Incredibles ringtones on my cell, all adapted from the film! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » September 17th, 2005, 6:32 pm

ShyViolet wrote:

I have four Incredibles ringtones on my cell, all adapted from the film! :)
LOL - I've got about 20 and Edna answers all my Voice Mail LOL
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 18th, 2005, 9:46 am

Brandon Neeld wrote:Alot of amazing animated scores are snubbed and get the shaft. *coughTheIncrediblesMichaelGiaccinocough*
The Incredibles score is amazing. One of my favorites.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2005, 2:20 pm

I love the intrigue music when Bob first gets the letter from Mirage. :)
LOL - I've got about 20 and Edna answers all my Voice Mail LOL
What does she say?