33%
Thomas from Pocahontas
17%

Total votes: 6

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Most Underrated Disney Character?

Post by ShyViolet » September 13th, 2018, 10:26 pm

Not “underrated” exactly, but just one that leaves a real impression but hasn’t really been discussed that much. :)
(At least the uniqueness of their personality.)

I love Nakoma! :) She always struck me as a very interesting character, sort of shy and independent at the same time. Her voice actor (Michelle St. John) did an awesome job.

(I also liked Christian Bale as Thomas. I loved how he looked up to John Smith. Bale did quite a good job.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Most Underrated Disney Character?

Post by Ben » September 14th, 2018, 4:32 am

I changed "the Sourceror" [sic] to his real name, Yensid. I guess he’s so overlooked that some people didn’t even realise he has a name...and a cool one at that! So I voted for him, anyhoo. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 14th, 2018, 6:45 am

Cool! :). Good choice Ben!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 14th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Ben wrote:I changed "the Sourceror" [sic] to his real name, Yensid. I guess he’s so overlooked that some people didn’t even realise he has a name...and a cool one at that! So I voted for him, anyhoo. :)
...Oh, you're the other one! :D
But yes: The guy with the Walt Disney eyebrows. Even Penn & Teller respected him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlvxTsoMAE

(Was going to say Carpet, but felt Abu deserved the honor much more.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 14th, 2018, 7:11 pm

LOL... :P I guess I thought of Carpet because he’s barely even been acknowledged as a character all this time...I mean I’m sure there are Carpet fans out there, I just haven’t really seen him (?) discussed...well, at all. But I always thought it was so sweet and courageous the way he supported and protected Aladdin during the scariest parts of the film. (Cave of Wonders, anyone?). Plus he was actually able to carry Aladdin and Abu back to Agrabah from the North Pole or wherever it was even though he’d still had icicles on him! Lol.

Yeah, I might have put Abu as well since he a really fun character whose emotions always seemed to be swinging from one extreme to the other, sort of like a child in that sense. It’s just that in general he’s gotten much more attention than Carpet, especially in the TV Cartoon (even though Carpet was in the Cartoon too! Ha ha. :wink:)

Also for my runner-up I’d definitely pick Jenny from Oliver...I always thought she was so sweet and so brave to go into a scary neighborhood at night to get Oliver back. And I loved when she made him that yummy-looking snack! Lol. Also cool 80s ponytail ha ha. :P