MS Walk

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

MS Walk

Post by James » April 23rd, 2019, 2:56 pm

I don't post about personal stuff too often so hopefully you'll excuse me for taking this opportunity. My wife has multiple sclerosis. She doesn't really bring it up outside our close friends and family so I've not mentioned it before either.

I've been exercising for several years now because of my own medical issue, but decided this year to try to get more serious about it. When I mentioned it to my wife, she said she wanted to start working out too. She's set a goal of running a 5K in 2020.

After we started we discovered the National Multiple Sclerosis Society was sponsoring a 5K walk the last week of April. So we made that her first goal. Over the past few months we've been trying to walk a mile a day most every weekday then walking a 5K every Saturday.

She's done great keeping with it and has really come a long way in this short time. Every week she's seems less and less tired. And this past weekend she set a personal best for walking that distance!

Seeing her do this has been rewarding enough. But this is also a fundraiser and she's thrown herself into that as well. No more keeping her diagnosis to herself. She's letting everyone know -- and asking for donations!

Once again I'm following her lead. If you're able and inclined, we'd appreciate your support. The walk is this Saturday. You can donate online here: https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/si ... x=17315417

Thanks for your time. Wish us luck -- after the MS Walk this weekend, we start training to run 3.1 miles!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: MS Walk

Post by Daniel » April 24th, 2019, 12:28 pm

We can only donate until Saturday or will it be ongoing?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 25th, 2019, 9:12 am

I’m not sure. Our actual part ends on Saturday. But the donation page will probably stay open because there will be Walks in other cities throughout the summer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 25th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Ah. Well, best of luck! :)