Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by Randall » October 14th, 2020, 9:56 am

I did have a patient who claimed his doctor said he didn't have to wear a mask because he had asthma. BS. If he immediately had trouble breatthing when putting on a mask, then what he had was likely anxiety. If not in the midst of an asthma attack, then breathing is normal, and one should be able to wear a mask just fine. (And if one's asthma is really that poorly controlled, then meds should be properly used or adjusted.) I did make the point that he of all people SHOULD wear a mask. He also claimed that he tested negative last week, so I shouldn't have to worry about him. :roll:

Just wear the darn mask and quit whining!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2020, 4:08 pm

This vid says it best: (warning language, although in this case I feel it's warranted!)

Just brilliant. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2020, 6:13 pm

Oh my God, thank you for posting that Dan!!!! :D :D :D

I couldn’t stop smiling throughout that whole song!!!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Mostly, I find these joke pastichey things to be "fun", or adequately getting the idea across without actually fulfilling the promise or being genuinely "good", but this was excellent. Really nice production and quality lyric...I’ll be spreading this (in a good way, of course)!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Now we just need a parody of "Human Again"; the second line even says "be good-looking again":

♫ "We'll be eating indoors, shopping more indoors, and getting are long hair chopped off, when we're normal again, good and normal again, when we can finally hug with no mask on.. social distance is gone, and gloves are kapoot and we'll be in theaters and not drive thruuuuu! I can't wait to be normal again!"♪

And that's with little effort! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2020, 2:10 pm

👏

Great! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2020, 10:18 pm

Sorry, had to do it:

https://youtu.be/Xop8QLIJCpY

Basically America right now. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 21st, 2020, 6:21 am

It works when it’s respected and not used for self-serving purposes. Unfortunately, that isn’t a given, by any government, in this day and age. But it does absolutely crumble me inside when those in office don’t even respect that office and treat it in the manner it commands. To see the way the top brass are acting and reacting across the world right now is just so depressing in terms of society. Humans have sadly shown themselves to be inherently greedy and very, very dumb. RIP. Goodnight. Mic drop. Out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 22nd, 2020, 3:52 pm

What Rod Serling might say if he were discussing Covid:

Short, but neat. Mark Silverman is always phenomenal as Rod!

Still remember those days vividly. I can even remember the days leading up to the full lockdown. What I was doing, who I was talking to, questioning was that a good idea giving so-and-so a high five. That's how much it was starting to get real never imagining what was to come. There was one time while food shopping I saw a lady covering her mouth and nose with a scarf and I thought to myself "that's going overboard" now looking back how smart she was. This was late February. Walking past McDonald's the day before it closed, thinking why is it still open to eat inside. I have so many memories! Some I wish I could forget...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 22nd, 2020, 7:55 pm

Daniel wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 3:52 pm
What Rod Serling might say if he were discussing Covid:
Ah, I remember the old March discussions of "Which TZ episodes to watch during the Pandemic", and the search for fruit juice during "The Midnight Sun" always made the short list.

(And besides, the panic for toilet paper and chicken was actually due to more Trump hysteria, with the rumor getting loose that China was the biggest exporter of both, and once the borders would be closed, the shelves would be empty anyway.
I was just at Trader Joe's last week, and it's STILL getting limited-access lines around the block to get in, although not because people were trying to buy American-made organic chicken and 100%-recycled toilet paper just in case.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 23rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

That...is an amazing Rod voice. :shock:

Even better than Billy West’s in “The Scary Door”! (Futurama)
:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 23rd, 2020, 6:26 pm

Yep, he's been the voice of Rod for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction at Walt Disney World. Practically spot on! Which shouldn't surprise as Carol Serling had a hand in choosing him. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 24th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Wow, very cool! 😎 She was undoubtedly the best person to consult.

And yeah, so identify on remembering “where I was” right before “the monster” hit. :| Just busy shopping, riding the bus, having a sub sandwich in an actual restaurant, doing normal activities. Also seeing a few people with masks here and there and thinking: “hmm...is that really warranted? Surely this will all blow over soon...”

Boy was I wrong. I know we need to adapt, but it’s hard sometimes. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Covid the movie:

Too soon. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » October 29th, 2020, 3:17 pm

What is this? Is he insane?!