Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2021, 8:50 pm

Be safe Vi!

We have it in our street now, though down the other end of where we live. We stay put so there’s little chance of being anywhere near, but this new strain certainly feels more scary and closer to home...quite literally now, but still "more serious" even before.

We all just need to be sensible and keep safe...and stay away from crowds in Washington. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 6th, 2021, 11:33 pm

Even before seeing Ben's comment at the top of the page, I had already written:

Sensible and safe is even better than brave. But brave helps. :)

Here in Canada, a number of provincial government ministers across the country have resigned this week after it was revealed that they had taken vacations out of the country over the holidays, in contravention of their own government guidelines. Most people in Canada have been told to not even visit people locally, never mind travel to other towns or countries. Lots of people still cheated, of course, though practically everyone I've spoken to was pretty compliant over the holidays.

Somehow, after having a surge several weeks ago, our numbers in Saskatchewan dropped back down and leveled off the past couple of weeks, but we may yet see more of a surge post-holidays. So far, though, not too bad. Still about half of Montana's daily numbers.

I saw an ICU doctor yesterday, and she told me that we're currently in good shape in terms of hospital resources, though another surge would change that quickly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2021, 8:28 pm

I really hope and pray that the new COVID program in the US will make a difference and set things on a better path.

Hope everyone’s doing ok! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 21st, 2021, 9:18 pm

Biden is getting a handle on it, though we all (around the world) have a long way to go. Fauci certainly seems happy to be listened to again!

Here, our numbers have been dropping again after the post-Christmas mini-surge. (Down to 220/day, from 400/day a couple of weeks ago.) Nursing home deaths, however, have been piling up. I am now seeing numerous clients who have already been vaccinated (healthcare workers who got their first dose), which is nice to see. And nursing homes are getting done at a good pace. I expect I won't get mine, though, until April or later.

Meanwhile, my work has actually gotten very busy, which seems odd, but I'm very grateful that business is good. Not all businesses are as fortunate.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 21st, 2021, 9:24 pm

The new program will bring its own issues, unfortunately. Especially not looking forward to the vaccine being nationalized! Of course no plan will be perfect, but better to let local areas decide what will work best for them rather than having what works in New York forced on us all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 25th, 2021, 9:22 am

I got the first dose of the vaccine today.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 25th, 2021, 9:24 am

Nice! My wife got her second dose a couple of weeks ago. So even though I don't have mine yet, it's nice to know 25% of our household is now unlikely to get it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 25th, 2021, 7:41 pm

I may not be able to get it for a few months, but some of my patients - those who are healthcare workers themselves in ICUs or nursing homes - have gotten it. And that makes me feel just a tiny bit better, even though transmission may still be possible regardless. It's just good to see people starting to be protected.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2021, 3:16 am

One of the main pharmacies in my area is already giving out vaccine shots to elderly people as well as essential workers (doctors, etc...). Hopefully I’ll be able to get one a few months down the road.

My area isn’t doing as badly numbers-wise (actually getting better I think) but so many people just seem so grumpy and on edge. I don’t blame them, but it makes me sad. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 28th, 2021, 8:40 pm

And don't forget:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 28th, 2021, 9:06 pm

It’s those little Ruegger ducks again! Perfect and lovely. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tabeeR » February 5th, 2021, 2:18 pm

Now this virus is everywhere. All you can do is keep your immune system healthy. Also, to protect yourself from COVID-19 as much as possible, you need to follow the rules of hygiene. With the advent of this virus, I began to wash my hands very often. I constantly either wash my hands or treat them with antiseptic. I also buy N95 masks on Pandemic Pal every month. I leave the house with only four masks and one jar of antiseptic. I try not to go to public places and also try not to use public transport.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 14th, 2021, 7:50 pm

So how is everyone doing? I think and hope that things are improving, what with the vaccines and all.
(Can’t believe it’s been a year since our lives changed so much. :|)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 14th, 2021, 8:00 pm

Okay over here. It will be at least a few months before things approach normal. As a non-hospital healthcare worker, I was set to be prioritized for the vaccine, but our government changed their mind, due to low supply. For now, they are just going by people working in COVID units/ICU/ER and nursing homes, and also age. But that could change again as more vaccine arrives.

As far as going out, it's too cold to go anywhere right now anyway!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 15th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Glad things are a little more stable Rand.

As far as going out, it's too cold to go anywhere right now anyway!
Yeah, same over here! :?