Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by Ben » October 14th, 2021, 6:52 pm

Randall wrote:
October 14th, 2021, 12:13 pm
You need to stop listening to nutbars. :)
What he said.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 14th, 2021, 11:04 pm

On top of not listening to the nutbars, keep in mind that they are not even the majority of the group you claim to hate. Not all conservatives - not even most - are backwards religious whack jobs just like most liberals are not perverted communist hippies! Stop being part of the problem by spreading hateful stereotypes of your political opponents, whatever side of the divide you're on. The VAST majority of people on both sides are regular middle of the road people who don't believe the wackadoodle stuff the people on the extreme left and right edges think.

That said, we are fairly strict about keeping general politics and religion talk OFF these boards.There are a HUGE number of other places on the web you can do that if you want to subject yourself to it. This is NOT one of them.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 15th, 2021, 12:03 am

Absolutely, on all counts.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 15th, 2021, 7:56 pm

What they said.

So…about this Covid thing…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 15th, 2021, 9:36 pm

I’ve been trying to keep a more positive outlook (cases going down and whatnot) but it can be very hard. Can’t believe we’ve been in this horrible alternate universe (it feels like that to me) for almost two years. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » October 17th, 2021, 11:50 am

Is COVID0-19 really a conspiracy to kill us all? I don't want to die young or be rendered infertile. I want a future.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 17th, 2021, 1:11 pm

GeffreyDrogon wrote:
October 17th, 2021, 11:50 am
Is COVID0-19 really a conspiracy to kill us all?
Is that like a Spanish/Italian/South American variant…?

Now…seriously, you need to go work this all out someplace else. Future inappropriate posts will simply be deleted from this Forum.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » October 17th, 2021, 5:36 pm

I apologize for my comments--and I made a grammatical mistake.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 17th, 2021, 5:50 pm

Among others. And yes, not to put too fine a point on it, you HAVE been listening to nutbars.

Specifically, nutbars with more than a vested interest in how you're going to vote next year at this time, especially with people panicky enough to believe what they hear without research...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2021, 5:07 am

Geffrey, your last few posts have been flagged up by some Forum members and moderators as being very off topic and inappropriate for this Forum, so these have been deleted.

Please refrain from posting such comments here or you will, unfortunately, face removal from this board. We understand you’re going through a rough patch, but then everyone is. Things are not that great for me right now either, but I’m not spilling it all here on the Forum.

Dacey has a link that I am sure he can share with you either here or through a Private Message, and thus may help you. But please be aware that this is a family rate site about animation…nothing more, nothing less. Clearly you need to seek help, but this is not the place.

I think maybe the best thing would maybe be to close this thread? I’m not sure how much help it has been doing anyone, anyway?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 19th, 2021, 10:16 am

I think this thread has maybe run its course as well. When we were all locked up for a few months away from other people, it was cathartic to have a place to share. But at this point we all have people in our lives again, plenty of places to share, and a new normal. This thread just becomes another place to rant now!

Everyone continue to stay safe out there! Find help if you need it -- there are plenty of resources online. Let's finish this pandemic off once and for all as soon as possible!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 24th, 2021, 11:11 am

Hello peeps!

Just wanted to nab a moment to jump in here and wish everyone some festive salutations (after all, there's only one more sleep 'till Christmas)! :)

We love pulling together what we do and appreciate your readership and continued enthusiasm. As always, we're working on our picks of the year and hope to share that a little earlier than usual, so keep your eyes peeled early in the new year for that.

In the meantime, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a hearty, happy and healthy New Year!