Bad movies with great soundtracks?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Bad movies with great soundtracks?

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2021, 2:44 am

This amazing James Horner score to the 1993 movie “House of Cards” about a little autistic girl is more than worth checking out. (The movie I would rate about a “B”)

https://youtu.be/tNpbyAkpxto

It’s just so unique.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by RogerBirds » January 28th, 2021, 10:46 am

The worst movie in my opinion is Suicide Squad, but ironically it's just the movie with the best soundtrack.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 28th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Hi, um...Roger. Hope that’s a real name and not just a hobby... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 1st, 2021, 11:34 am

Much as I love both Jackie Chan and the works of Jules Verne, Disney's 2004 adaptation of Around the World in 80 Days was .. not something I enjoyed, as a movie. :|

But I do very much enjoy Trevor Jones' score for the film .. listening to which, I often imagine a much better adaptation that could've been ..

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 1st, 2021, 2:38 pm

One of my favorite bad movies is Hudson Hawk. The plot is absolutely ridiculous, but fun! The main characters are two burglars played by Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello. When they separate during a heist they pick a song that's the approximate length of time they expect to be in order to stay in sync, and then they sing it to themselves during the robbery. And that's probably the least crazy thing in the film! Still, a couple of fun musical scenes. Here's one of them:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 1st, 2021, 3:01 pm

One of my favorites, too. Such an awesomely bizarre comedy. Love that scene!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 1st, 2021, 3:57 pm

Reading the Mac Davis obits a while ago, it took me a long time to come to grips with the fact that "The Sting II" is not a very good movie. :|

Up to that time, I was willing to give it leeway just for Jackie Gleason, for Teri Garr, and for Lalo Schifirin asking the musical question, "Should the original '73 Sting have used Scott Joplin's 'The Entertainer' as its main theme, or Joplin's 'Heliotrope Bouquet'?

droosan wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 11:34 am
Much as I love both Jackie Chan and the works of Jules Verne, Disney's 2004 adaptation of Around the World in 80 Days was .. not something I enjoyed, as a movie. :|
But I do very much enjoy Trevor Jones' score for the film .. listening to which, I often imagine a much better adaptation that could've been ..
I remember trying, and failing, to talk friends out of seeing it, who said they knew it was bad, but just wanted to dream the promise of how good an actual 80 Days movie would have been with Jackie Chan in the Cantinflas role.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 11th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Hands down the best scene in Spider-Man 3, and the Christopher Young music is absolutely spectacular. Such a shame that we'll probably never see an available soundtrack of this, because most of S3 was Young working with Elfman's themes (due to Elfman's falling out with Raimi during the production of Spider-Man 2 a few years earlier). I guess copyright-wise, it would just be too complicated, especially with all the old wounds that are no doubt still there. :|
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 11th, 2021, 8:49 pm

Nothing to do with copyright, Vi. Sony owns all. There is a soundtrack album available! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 11th, 2021, 9:41 pm

*facepalm*

Lol, I didn’t realize. Thanks, Ben! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 21st, 2021, 6:27 pm

Truly beautiful piano rendition of the Sandman theme:

https://youtu.be/cGCiIYh5ypg

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LaurenKelly » April 28th, 2021, 9:39 am

Sometimes it's so silly that the soundtrack is prettier and more interesting than the movie. There are a lot of movies, and it's a little sad (