The "Best" of 2020

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

The "Best" of 2020

Post by James » April 30th, 2021, 9:50 pm

2020 was the worst ever, but we’ve done our best to find the highlights for our annual survey of the year that was, or would have been, or whatever!

https://animatedviews.com/2021/2020-bes ... ood-still/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The "Best" of 2020

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2021, 1:42 pm

So that's Branston, huh? Cutie. German Shepherd? I spy Kermit and Shaun!

Very nice write up. A lot of shared feelings of what I have seen.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 3rd, 2021, 3:00 pm

Adding a side story that didn't quite fit into my write-up, but is worth sharing as it was a positive that came out of 2020 for me.

Back in 2016, documentary filmmakers came to Salisbury University and into my classroom for the production of Scream, Queen!--movie about Mark Patton, who was on Hollywood's list as one of their most promising young stars until his casting in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 ended up creating a huge amount of both personal and professional turmoil for him. As it happened, we were watching Nightmare 2 (which I'm a fan of, by the way) and filmmakers used our discussion as part of the documentary. Last year, after many delays, it finally got an official release.

Granted, I'm in the movie for about five seconds--but I am in it, and I'm actually quite proud of that. In fairness, these "fan-made" kickstarter projects can have mixed results, but in this case, I'm happy to report that the finished film is terrific and extremely professional. It tells a fascinating and poignant story, and I'm pretty sure it's available on many streaming platforms (I myself have it on good old fashioned DVD).

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2021, 8:30 pm

I have never seen a Nightmare On Elm Street movie. :shock:

I have seen the second half of the first one a few times, and think I’ve seen some/quite a bit of what I think was the third, but that’s it. Same with Friday 13th: seen the first and think that’s about it. I have, for some reason though, seen most of the Halloween films, the including the pretty good first of the two recent remake movies.

Is that that movie pitch guy at 0:19? Sounds like him?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 4th, 2021, 5:45 pm

Am I posting this link here to vindicate myself for those who might've been confused by my extravagant praise of an Australian preschool series?

Kind of, yeah...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... toon-bluey
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 5th, 2021, 2:39 pm

I seriously need to see Bluey.