The state and future of animation

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: The state and future of animation

Post by Ben » December 3rd, 2021, 8:16 pm

Because most of them are..oh, wait…different answer.

Indian movies just don’t resonate internationally for same reason that not much from the phenomenally successful Bollywood genre has ever broken through: cultural differences.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » December 4th, 2021, 12:10 pm

But Indian animation studios have been trying to make films that appeal to foreign audiences in the last two decades, like Crest Animation's Alpha and Omega, which was coproduced with Lionsgate, an American studio.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 4th, 2021, 12:26 pm

I think you answered your own question there. No one cares about Alpha and Omega. It was not a high quality product, and deserved to be forgotten.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » December 4th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Young children, furries, and young wolf fans do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » December 4th, 2021, 12:59 pm

It's more like the current state of the Indian animation industry is to receive work from overseas thinking that the world will praise them for their efforts (only to not care in the end), or be like those delusional "moguls" who think throwing garbage for the world to see will get them noticed.

A. K. Madhavan, the founder of Crest Animation and Assemblage Entertainment, likes to think that people are craving for Indian animation when his highest-grossing film (Alpha and Omega) made only $25 million in the United States.

You aren't guaranteed to win an Oscar just because your film got submitted, and you're also not guaranteed to get recognized when your film isn't great, not even good. India has yet to make an animated film that resonates with anyone and everyone.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2021, 6:47 pm

And so you have again answered your own question. See, it wasn’t that hard, was it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » December 6th, 2021, 9:37 pm

If The Boss Baby got nominated for an Oscar, will that mean that either The Boss Baby 2 or Spirit Untamed get nominated too?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » December 6th, 2021, 10:21 pm

No.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » December 7th, 2021, 12:42 pm

The Academy doesn't care about quality anymore. The Boss Baby was only nominated because audiences like crude humor, adult jokes, and Trump caricatures. If it was released nowadays, Alpha and Omega would've gotten nominated. The Academy is more about popularity than quality.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 7th, 2021, 5:40 pm

The Boss Baby is leaps and bounds better than A&O, and actually quite imaginative, clever and funny. There’s a reason I gave it a shout out on my 2017 “best of” list.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2021, 5:59 pm

GeffreyDrogon wrote:
December 7th, 2021, 12:42 pm
If it was released nowadays, Alpha and Omega would've gotten nominated.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sigh) Thanks, I needed that!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » December 7th, 2021, 6:33 pm

I don't care about that AAO anymore. I haven't cared about it for years. I just don't understand why people keep liking that film. I looked at an article online that said that people were giving the film a "second chance" on HBO Max, and I don't understand why people would pick that film over many others.

What are some other reasons Alpha and Omega is considered a bad movie?

What are some reasons The Boss Baby is considered decent? I haven't watched much of it, but I do like some of the ideas, especially the creative sequences.

Do you think I should give TBB a second chance?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2021, 7:30 pm

And the merry-go-round broke down…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 7th, 2021, 7:45 pm

"The BBC would like to apologize for the constant repetition in this show..."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2021, 9:13 pm

:lol:

But what about that last item? Doesn’t *that* get an apology…? ;)