Wonderful World of Disney host?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 15th, 2007, 7:43 am

ShyViolet wrote:It's kinda funny, as Walt didn't like Carroll's work all that much and basically transformed it and made it his own.
Confirmation please!

Throughout the (two) productions of Alice, Walt was stressing to make the film as close to Carroll's originals and wanted to do it justice. No-one at the studio could make it work, and they brought in elements of the second book, Through The Looking Glass (actually where Walt's film gets most of its inspiration from).

He became less involved in it out of frustration and left a lot of it to the animators. Though Walt is well known to have disliked the resulting film (in his words: "It lacked heart"), he still liked the source and was disappointed that they couldn't make a better film from it. Carroll's work is a continuing influence on Disney animation, right back from his first commercial success, Alice's Wonderland (1923).

----------

Vince's Devils Tribute in that playlist was pretty good though! ;)

That DisneyLand 25th was good fun too!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 15th, 2007, 1:07 pm

Oh wow...that's interesting. I guess I got some misinformation (partly from Enchanted Drawings, or maybe it was The Disney Version? It seems like many Disney rumors, the "Walt didn't like Lewis Carroll" one isn't true either. :?)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 19th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Jim talks about the upcoming title sequence change for Wonderful World of Disney. (Nothing on who the new host might be, unfortunately. :( )

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... uence.aspx
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 22nd, 2007, 3:10 am

To bad, I really wanted to know who the next host would be, too.

Nice article, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Wonderful World of Disney host?

Post by Daniel » May 3rd, 2021, 7:30 pm

Starting today, The Wonderful World of Disney returns and will continue every Monday for the rest of the month. Cool for those that don't have Disney+ or cable where these are often shown. Nice selection.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2021, 9:37 am

This is cool! 8) :)

https://youtu.be/HX3snR5xaKs

(Thought I’d bump this thread for the heck of it!)

It would be really cool if they had a host nowadays too. But the other great thing about classic WWOD, whether with Walt or Eisner, was the shared media experience of everyone watching at the same time. That’s all but disappeared in the streaming era, of course… :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2021, 2:46 pm

I think you e posted that before, Vi. I distinctly remember liking that end pan from Robin and Eisner leaving frame and the Sheriff entering screen right…pretty cool.

At least even in the streaming era, the drop on Fridays, now Wednesdays, meant that everyone can still have those watercooler moments the next day, when a new episode or film has been made available for the first time. I much prefer this to a whole series and people binging at different levels of depth into a series.