Wonderful World of Disney host?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Wonderful World of Disney host?

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2005, 3:30 pm

According to JimHillMedia it's definetely not going to be Iger. In fact Iger wants to shun media attention as much as possible (you can't really blame him with all the things that have been said about him) and focus on matters at hand.

I think Leonard Maltin would be a good choice.

Personally I nominate John Lassetter. He's pretty charismatic from what I've seen and plus he hosted the clips for CARS pretty well.

Morgan Freeman might also be good. He has a warm, fatherly demeanor which would fit in well with Disney. Plus he narrated March of the Penguins as well as WOTW. He played G-d, for crying out loud. :wink: :roll:

Here's a CRAZY choice: Former president Bill Clinton????? :shock: :lol:

Tom Hanks....? Steve Martin....?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Wonderful World of Disney host?

Post by Wonderlicious » September 26th, 2005, 4:03 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Here's a CRAZY choice: Former president Bill Clinton????? :shock: :lol:
Somehow I don't think that will take off... :? :roll: :lol:

Anyway, I think that Leonard Maltin would probably be the best choice, as he is a skilled film historian, especially in the field of Disneydom, so that would make him best suited to introducing classic Disney films (that is what TWWOD is? I'm from England so I don't know...).
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2005, 4:27 pm

(that is what TWWOD is? I'm from England so I don't know...).
Yeah pretty much. That's different from The Wonderful World of Color which they used to show on Sunday afternoons way back in the day. (mostly shorts and clips.) This was wayyyyyyy before almost everyone had the Disney channel, so it was a real treat.

TWWOD was for Sunday nights, which was what Walt and then Eisner used to do. (from 1985-present) That was feature-length movies.

One of the first times I ever saw Eisner was when he was hosting Honey, I Shrunk the Kids on TV in 1991. I didn't think he was that bad. They used trick photography to make it look like he was three inches tall standing on his desk next to a giant coffee mug.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 26th, 2005, 6:05 pm

You may "hmmph" now, but it was fun back in the day!

I think Maltin or Martin will get the job.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 26th, 2005, 6:41 pm

After seeing the 50th anniversary thing he hosted in Disneyland, I think it'll be Martin.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » September 26th, 2005, 6:43 pm

How about David Ogden Stiers? He's in just about every Disney animated film of the past 15 years!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2005, 8:20 pm

You may "hmmph" now, but it was fun back in the day!
Oh it definetely was....wish they'd bring it back.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2005, 8:16 pm

Meg wrote:After seeing the 50th anniversary thing he hosted in Disneyland, I think it'll be Martin.
Well once the Pink Panther crashes, burns, bombs, tanks and dies next February - if they even released it (can you say "DTV"?), Martin will need a new career...

Funny, I used to ADORE his stuff and went to every new film on opening night. And I'm talking REALLY funny Jerk/Man With Two Brains/Lonely Guy Martin here, not the family guy of the Bride films or his recent output.

Last funny thing he did with bite was Bowfinger, but that was just a blip - the last funny thing he really did was Housesitter, and that was pushing it...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 28th, 2005, 1:33 pm

How about Eddie Murphy? After all he was Mushu....

Well once the Pink Panther crashes, burns, bombs, tanks and dies next February - if they even released it (can you say "DTV"?), Martin will need a new career...
I used to watch the Pink Panther cartoon....a LONG time ago. :roll:

Wasn't this film supposed to have come out this past summer?? :?:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2005, 8:08 am

Yep, June 26.

Moving to February 06 leaves them a lot of time (to re-make the movie, right?) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 14th, 2005, 2:53 pm

I honestly don't think a lot of people even remember that movie series.... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 14th, 2005, 3:12 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I honestly don't think a lot of people even remember that movie series.... :roll:
I do. They play them on T.V. a lot and my family loves them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » October 14th, 2005, 3:48 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I honestly don't think a lot of people even remember that movie series.... :roll:
I must admit that I don't know that much about the films, but I have always been quite partial to the original cartoons...
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » October 14th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Leonard Maltin or John Lasseter would be good. Morgan Freeman could do a good job as well but people don't identify him with Disney right away.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 15th, 2005, 8:27 am

Wonderlicious wrote:I must admit that I don't know that much about the films, but I have always been quite partial to the original cartoons...
I don't think the films have anything to do with the cartoons. :?