General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 3rd, 2006, 3:44 pm

Yummy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » June 3rd, 2006, 9:27 pm

As I guessed, it's one big commercial for Cars.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2006, 7:57 pm

This may sound creepy, but now they actually do have the technology to CGI-synthesize Walt's likeness. (just look at that Godfather Playstation game)

Now all you need is someone who can sound like him.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 5th, 2006, 8:46 pm

NO.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 8th, 2006, 8:48 am

ShyViolet wrote:This may sound creepy, but now they actually do have the technology to CGI-synthesize Walt's likeness. (just look at that Godfather Playstation game)

Now all you need is someone who can sound like him.... :roll:
Wait...like the guy on the Bambi story notes DVD??

Walt could live again! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 8th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Like that episode of the Critic where Jay's boss Duke used his machine for synthesizing actors' likenesses to alter endings of classic films. :lol:
("Doctor Jay") "I love you, Spartacus!"

Doesn't seem so farfetched now.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 9th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Mike Myers was, at one point, going to appear in a DreamWorks comedy about a guy who "travels through film" and pops up in a variety of classic movies (and possibly changes their plots).

It was very big, very expensive and I think rights got in the way.

"Movie Sampling" was the buzz word that DreamWorks used to announce the film, which since seems to have died...it's certainly not listed anywhere now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 9th, 2006, 2:31 pm

That's too bad. Sounded like a fun concept.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 1st, 2006, 5:03 am

Since we were discussing on the other thread who would make a good "modern Walt" I wonder if they are still planning to update this show with a new host.

Could be:

John Lassetter
John Ratzenberger
Roy E. Disney
James Earl Jones (I think he'd be a great choice!)
Matthew Broaderick
Whoopie Goldberg
Cheech Marin
Leonard Maltin
Dick Cook
Ed Catmull
Scott Weinger
Don Hahn

Or Robert Iger. I know he said he didn't want to do it, but so did Eisner in the begining and....lo and behold. :wink:

Or how about a voice actor like Dom DeLouise, Jim Cummings, Tony Anselmo (modern Donald Duck) or Bill Farmer? (modern Goofy)
It might be really interesting to show a voice actor as a host....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » August 1st, 2006, 6:47 am

Our of that list, I think Ratzenberger would make the best host. Lassetter, Maltin, Cook, Catmull, Weinger & Hahn don't have much face value. I doubt many would recognize them. Roy's a bit too old & I just don't associate Cheech with Disney. Whoopie & Jones wouldn't be bad choices. But I think Ratzenberger would be the ideal choice. He definitely has face value, he has one of the most recognizable voices, he's been the voice of Pixar and he just seems like a friendly guy.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » August 1st, 2006, 2:22 pm

Ben wrote:Mike Myers was, at one point, going to appear in a DreamWorks comedy about a guy who "travels through film" and pops up in a variety of classic movies (and possibly changes their plots).

It was very big, very expensive and I think rights got in the way.

"Movie Sampling" was the buzz word that DreamWorks used to announce the film, which since seems to have died...it's certainly not listed anywhere now.
For fun, check out Cinemagique at Disney Studios Paris.

We did that with Martin Short. It looks amazing. He and Harold Lloyd interact with each other in physical comedy in "Safety Last."

He also interacts in Star Wars, Titanic, 2000 Leagues, Braveheart..... lots of movies, not just Disney movies... not just American movies, but French movies too.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/eric_crav ... /1436.aspx

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2006, 6:20 pm

Cool - I may well hop across and catch that in September when we might do EuroDisney for my birthday.

Sounds fun!

I think Ratzenberger is the best choice for host too. He's already been doing those Pixar previews on the Disney shows and he's AVAILABLE!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 3rd, 2006, 1:22 pm

Ben wrote:Cool - I may well hop across and catch that in September when we might do Disneyland Resort Paris for my birthday.
Fixed. Euro Disney just sounds like the name of a Mickey themed campsite or a struggling Disney theme park resort circa 1993. ;)

Even though I don't have that great a knowledge at the time of which films exactly appeared in that show when I saw it, I remember enjoying it and would recommend it. It's a shame that Dreamworks film never surfaced, though. :(
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2006, 2:27 pm

Yeah, I know. I can't be bothered to type out DLRP all the time!

And besides, it'll always be EuroDisney for kost of us Brits... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 3rd, 2006, 5:00 pm

It would be soooo surreal if Ron Miller hosted WWOD. ('specially since he used to resemble Bob Iger so much)