Is this a joke, or just HATEFUL?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
GeorgeC

Is this a joke, or just HATEFUL?

Post by GeorgeC » September 28th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Bad Behavior on the CartoonBrew.com Blog...

I had to retype this out because the little coward's blog won't let you copy and paste from the html text on the URL.

"Disney Dunk

Posted by AMID at 1:08 AM (at CartoonBrew.com)

Swish! After Roy Disney Jr. fouled out with SaveDisney, he has rebounded by purchasing the Harlem Globetrotters. Yup, nothing beats buying a few black people to help a rich white businessman regain his confidence... or something like that. (via The Disney Blog)"

At least one guy at AnimationNation.com agrees that this is uncalled for and insensitive... http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=010697

I've come to expect the particular blogger in question at CartoonBrew.com regularly put his foot in his mouth...

I already e-mailed a complaint myself to the other Brewmeister who I do respect at CartoonBrew.com to call the blog entry into question. I don't think it's a joke...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 28th, 2005, 2:17 pm

Even though I didn't always agree with the person in question I still think that was uncalled for and nasty....

That blog tends to kind of be that way tho.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2005, 8:11 am

I'm surprised at Amid, being a "respected" member of the animation critique community.

Honestly, publishing something that personal and uncalled for on a public site - and one that supposedly supports animation - isn't right.

I mean, what the HECK has that got to do with animation, anyway?

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 29th, 2005, 10:53 am

You know Ben,

I e-mailed Jerry Beck and he passed my comments on to Amid and Amid got back to me.

Amid doesn't get it. He doesn't understand what's NOT funny about that comment. He considers Roy Disney "just managment" and worthy of all the scorn he can heap on the guy. He doesn't understand that the comment he made the other day crossed a line.

I didn't bother reading the second e-mail I got from him because I knew he was going to dodge the issue again or make up excuses like the one he gave me in the first e-mail. In the strongest possible words I suggested to him that I can appreciate honesty and integrity, but I wouldn't want to be in the same room with a guy who can't be honest without being rude and disrespectful to people ALL THE TIME. This is a pattern with this guy. I'm sure there are people who HATE him for it. He's got little in the way of social graces from what I've seen.

It says something about Cartoon Brew's blog when the feedback on the Blog is disabled. Apparently, they can say whatever they want to but there's A) no way to publicly rebutt B.S. like that and B) they can get away with it as long as people read the Blog.

It's a pattern with Amid. On the old Animation Blast site he had a message forum, but it got disabled. I wonder WHY? :roll: He doesn't want to deal with the impact of what he says... We all have to. If you're an adult, you learn from your mistakes, and move on. If you're not, you behave like Amid does and you go on being a spoiled kid.

I feel sorry for Beck that he's associated with this clown. That's what Amid is. A clown that doesn't understand that not every joke is funny.

But that's a problem that most Spumco guys seem to have. They get defensive when you criticize John K or Spumco, but everybody else is ripe for THEIR scorn and THEIR indignity. They're children!

Amid seems to think only 2 people have a problem with that comment because only 2 posted comments -- myself and another guy on Animation Nation. He doesn't get it that hundreds, maybe thousands of people read that comment. It's going to stick in people's minds and stay with Cartoon Brew for a while. If he keeps doing stuff like that, it's going to hurt the Blog and I'm sure it will stick to Jerry Beck, too, eventually.

You know, sometimes people are going to judge you by who you hang with.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 29th, 2005, 10:58 am

Ben wrote:I'm surprised at Amid, being a "respected" member of the animation critique community.

Honestly, publishing something that personal and uncalled for on a public site - and one that supposedly supports animation - isn't right.

I mean, what the HECK has that got to do with animation, anyway?

He just doesn't understand there's a difference between political correctness and etiquette. Guys like him confuse etiquette with being politically correct and therefore act like jerks on a regular basis.

A lot of people in the arts and entertainment don't get it... period. They get offended, it's your fault and everybody else's. But if they behave badly and get called on the carpet for it, it's somehow just your problem and not theirs.

What a double standard!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Yeah.

I don't want this to turn into a "bash Amid" thread, but I did smile when he stopped his pouring of criticism on the "Art Of" books when the one on Robots came out...written by Amid Amidi...!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 29th, 2005, 9:03 pm

It's probably fair to say that the words "integrity" and "consistency" are lost on a lot of critics.

I sure know I wouldn't want to pay for a magazine six months in the past and not have gotten what I paid for by now...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 26th, 2006, 8:22 am

Animation Nation has a rule now (installed by Charles) not to link to cartoonbrew anymore on the forum (they still have it on their links list though).

I'm not going to say what prompted it (you can go to www.animationnation.com and find out; three words: "Outside the House") but all I AM going to say is:

GO CHARLES!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 27th, 2006, 7:35 am

Well, that's... <I>odd</I>...? :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 27th, 2006, 9:45 am

I agree with Charles in that he doesn't want Animation Nation to become the default forums for Cartoon Brew.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 1st, 2007, 8:35 pm

Do you mean the video? :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 2nd, 2007, 2:43 pm

Charles' reaction. Taking it a bit strong, isn't he?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 2nd, 2007, 2:46 pm

Hmmm.....maybe. :?