Tortoise and the Hare?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Well, if Flushed Away goes mental and hits big, then look for this story to disappear, obviously.
I guess, but....what about all of their "creative friction"?

Also, AND I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE, (read it on an IMDB board! :roll: ) was DW actually thinking of replacing Wallace's Peter Sallis at first with an American actor??? (easier for American audiences to relate to, supposadly) G-d I hope not! :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 20th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Nah.....it can't be true Vi :wink: if it is, what were they thinking! :P that's what made it unique. Can you imagine it though? :? :::shrugs:::

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Unfortunately, now that I think about it, I might have heard it in other places too. :?

Let's hope it's just a rumor. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 22nd, 2006, 1:40 pm

Well, obviously it didn't happen, so we don't really have to worry. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 22nd, 2006, 10:22 pm

True. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 23rd, 2006, 7:28 am

It WAS on the cards for about 0.236 seconds. It was a case of "no Sallis, no movie". You'll notice that, even though there are no Americans in the film, the other accents are not so strong, with Fiennes and Bonham Carter both being easy to understand prissy-British types.
ShyViolet wrote:...what about all of their "creative friction"?
As Fran Drescher says in Spinal Tarp, sorry, Tap... "Money talks and ******** walks". ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 23rd, 2006, 5:59 pm

As Fran Drescher says in Spinal Tarp, sorry, Tap... "Money talks and ******** walks". Wink

Ha ha. :) I guess so.

Fiennes and Bonham Carter both being easy to understand prissy-British types.
I suppose, unlike those (rats?) in Chicken Run, who were quite "British". (I loved them though!) Or Bunty and Babs, or even Fowler. (I loved Fowler, he reminded me sooooo much of the army seargent elephant in Jungle Book!) But that's what made them awesome! :)

It's so funny, when I read this rumor about Wallace and changing his voice, the first thing that came to my mind was: "What about Gromit's voice?" I totally forgot that he doesn't even talk! :lol: That's how awesome his "acting" is. :wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on October 24th, 2006, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 23rd, 2006, 6:01 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 23rd, 2006, 6:06 pm

So you know, I was being Gromit there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 23rd, 2006, 9:18 pm

Didn't DW originally want Aardman to give Gromit lines or something? I remember reading it somewhere...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 24th, 2006, 6:02 pm

"Starring Danny DeVito as Gromit".

Oh, heck, no...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2006, 8:36 pm

To many rumors :roll: at least it didn't happen people, so they mustn't be as coo coo as we think :wink:

But Gromit talking!? :shock: I would never want to see that! Its like making Tinker Bell talk! Oh wait......she is going to talk :( by Britney Murphy <<<< eww! :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 25th, 2006, 11:05 am

But does Gromit even have a mouth?

Tinker Bell does talk, if you think about it. Peter can always understand what she's saying.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 25th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Hm? I don't think Gromit has a mouth, how odd :?

Yes Tink talks, but not human speak. Its just little noises, but I get what your saying :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Tinker Bell does talk, if you think about it. Peter can always understand what she's saying.
Also she talks in Hook. :wink: :roll: I'm not sure if she talked in the actual books though.

BTW even though not everyone might feel this way, that's one of my favorite Julia Roberts performances ever! :D (She did it very shortly after completing Pretty Woman I think.)

But I do know that she and Steve had....issues. :?