Avengers and the MCU

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by EricJ » May 4th, 2021, 2:09 am

Ben wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 8:09 pm
Er...and you know it doesn’t connect to Phase 4...how?
Because...it was originally MCU's second attempt to come up with a new "team" to rival Fox's X-Men, when the Inhumans didn't go over on TV?

Now, of course, they DO own Fox, and minor X-characters should start showing up in the MCUs any minute. If they did manage to find some excuse to work Whoever the Heck These Guys Are into the actual canon, seeing as they were never real members of any other print team anyway, more power to 'em.
Ben wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 8:09 pm
much more than "Chloe Zhao-mania", whatever that is.
Oh, thank you. Even if you were just pretending, it's refreshing to NOT hear someone in the last week say "Chloe Zhao is a real woman and Asian 'n stuff, and won an OSCAR! Is this a sign that social evolution is now changing, etc?

I was starting to think there was no one else in the world who also didn't care about Nomadland, but the conversations here always refresh my faith in humanity. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 4th, 2021, 3:05 am

Nomadland is a beautiful, lovely little film that’s just about normal, nice people being normal and nice to each other. We could do with more of that, as a people (and maybe a little more around here especially?)...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 4th, 2021, 7:58 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 5th, 2021, 7:15 pm

"Loki" will now premiere mid-week starting June 9th, with episodes dropping every Wednesday after. I prefer Fridays myself. Maybe it was done to help the servers?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2021, 8:53 pm

Good point. I liked Fridays too.