John Musker and Ron Clements Tackling DC Comic ‘Metal Men’ for Warner Animation

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

John Musker and Ron Clements Tackling DC Comic ‘Metal Men’ for Warner Animation

Post by Farerb » December 3rd, 2021, 5:12 pm

Animation legends Ron Clements and John Musker, the acclaimed team that spent decades at Disney making movies such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and The Princess and the Frog, are heading to DC.

The duo have teamed up with Celeste Ballard, a writer who worked on Space Jam: A New Legacy, to tackle an animated feature on The Metal Men. Warner Animation Group is the home of the project, which is based on the longtime DC property.

Clements and Musker are producing and have written the treatment for the project, which they are eyeing to direct.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235056979/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: John Musker and Ron Clements Tackling DC Comic ‘Metal Men’ for Warner Animation

Post by EricJ » December 3rd, 2021, 5:49 pm

After the princess-fatigue jokes in Moana, I can see how they wanted to get back to more "guy" adventures, even if at another studio--
But Warner, guys? And DC? Seriously??

(I'm guessing there's some "No Marvel/Disney crossover" contract in place at the studio, which would explain Big Hero 6.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: John Musker and Ron Clements Tackling DC Comic ‘Metal Men’ for Warner Animation

Post by Randall » December 4th, 2021, 9:02 am

What a strange move for them!

On the other hand, why not? I eagerly await the results.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 4th, 2021, 3:02 pm

Ditto. I remember Metal Men from an episode of "Batman: The Brave and the Bold". The potential!