Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Ben » September 30th, 2022, 6:58 pm

Well, yes, unless no one watches those films and their internal ratings tell them those choices were unwise…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 30th, 2022, 7:04 pm

Oh, you mean like She-Hulk. :P

Yes, but that's put down to "bad breaks", bad-marketing and other safe alibis, and doesn't have the directly painful sting of a movie that underperforms in theaters, where they lose ACTUAL money, not virtual imaginary numbers that can be reshuffled.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » October 1st, 2022, 9:19 am

I'm interested in what a Marvel production directed by a soundtrack composer would be like. Werewolf By Night sounds like it's going to be pretty interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLEFqhS5WmI&t=15s

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 3rd, 2022, 11:07 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 3rd, 2022, 1:23 pm

Winged feet!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 3rd, 2022, 4:12 pm

Black Pantheress! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 3rd, 2022, 6:14 pm

I am struggling to get excited over Wakanda Forever, and it's all to do with the first one. I saw the first one long after its release in cinemas and its journey at the Oscars and other award shows. So, when I sat down to watch it, I was left with a feeling of 'That's it?' For me, it was just another standard typical run of the mill Marvel movie. No worse, no better than what preceded and followed it. And to this day I don't understand the awards love it got, so naturally I'm hesitant about the sequel due to online hype, I understand from a cultural point of view the significance of the movie, but just not sure why that translated into things like a Best Picture nomination at the Oscars. Let's just hope the sequel has more convincing special effects, especially in the dramatic battle climax.

I am excited for the appearance of Namor, I do like it when an MCU movie introduces a brand-new character into the Universe. Of course, I'm assuming he won't be an outright villain and will get to survive the movie. I don't know much about him but Wikipedia describes him as an anti-hero.

I know that I will at least eventually see WF on home release, unlike Deadpool 3 which I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for at all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 4th, 2022, 12:52 am

Bill1978 wrote:
October 3rd, 2022, 6:14 pm
I saw the first one long after its release in cinemas and its journey at the Oscars and other award shows. So, when I sat down to watch it, I was left with a feeling of 'That's it?' For me, it was just another standard typical run of the mill Marvel movie. No worse, no better than what preceded and followed it. And to this day I don't understand the awards love it got, so naturally I'm hesitant about the sequel due to online hype, I understand from a cultural point of view the significance of the movie, but just not sure why that translated into things like a Best Picture nomination at the Oscars.
The Oscar thing was basically the Pixar Effect, ie., what happens when fans' mounting frustration keep hounding the Oscars to get some MCU movie, ANY MCU movie, into a Best Picture nomination, and, like Pixar's "Up", don't care which one finally makes the cut, since, if they do, they'll probably upgrade to a better one later, like Toy Story 3.

In the first BP's case, yes, Panther's twenty or so minutes in Civil War was better than the entire two hours of his own movie, but it had the non-fan notoriety to fuel it:
Grownup non-fan newbies who'd never seen, or, heavens, had snubbed a real MCU movie before and discovered, heavens, MCU movies were kinda neato and fun. That's why they didn't feel embarrassed shouting "Wakanda forever!" in public.

And why Disney couldn't just shut down this movie in production, since those same one-movie-enabled fans canonized Chadwick Boseman into sainthood after his death, and felt it would be shameful to cancel or recast the movie without him, like they already did to Edward Norton, Terrence Howard and William Hurt.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 4th, 2022, 3:12 am

I didn’t see the first Black Panther until well after his Civil War appearance and maybe even after Infinity/Endgame, actually, and by the time I did eventually see it, I didn’t feel I had missed anything that wasn’t already shown in those movies.

Yes, they could (and should?) have recast, but I fear that such was the public reaction and fusing of Boseman to the role that whoever it was would never have been accepted, especially so soon after in a direct sequel. Possibly delaying the film wasn’t an option, so they’ve gone this route, but I can totally see them going with a "Son or Nephew Of Black Panther" or something, route in due time.

(And Up is way betterer than TS3, BTW.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 6th, 2022, 10:19 pm

Cast says no fan has guessed who the new bp is hinting shuri may just be filling in till they pick a new panther.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-wa ... n-guessed/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 6th, 2022, 11:33 pm

It's Sharon Carter. Has to be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 7th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Mark my words, there will be multiple people wearing the suit.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2022, 2:35 am

Werewolf by Night is great. Please give us more of this crazy fun, Marvel and Disney+-
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 10th, 2022, 3:11 am

Well, it's only because they're trying to put a big marketing push behind the Midnight Sons for a future Phase 5 project, as an excuse for why to do Moon Knight in the first place.
That's the only reason they'd bring back Man-Thing, after that...other cable movie which has been mercifully forgotten.

(And yeah, if they bring back Ghost Rider, it'll be the Robbie Reyes muscle-car version from Agents of SHIELD, so don't raise those Nic Cage hopes.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2022, 8:12 am

Although written as a "what if…?”, there a lot of potentials in this article. Universal's Dark Universe…Marvel style?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235236312/