Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Trailer for Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania:

Clever how they bookended the trailer with Ruben Rabasa's character getting his name wrong at the start, and then Kang getting it right at the end. Elton song!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 24th, 2022, 4:58 pm

Nice to see micron city. Looks like they are using the "wasp stuck in microverse for a year" story from new avengers. Looks like kang is replacing baron as hasbro owns him.

Also, cassie and kang in the same movie? Hmm. Will iron lad show up?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 25th, 2022, 2:17 am

One gets the feeling that this is Paul Rudd's big sendoff in the series, as the reason for making is to groom Kang for Phase V, and Cassie, aka Stature of the Young Avengers (since we've already got Ms. Marvel and America Chavez in the canon), also for Phase V.

I braced for a second hearing Elton John, as I immediately thought we were getting Guardians Vol. 3, or ANOTHER Taika Waititi MCU. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 25th, 2022, 5:23 am

I'll fess up straight away I had no idea what the quantum realm looked like but I wasn't expecting that. Honestly, I thought we would just be hanging out and trading jokes with tardigrades for 2 hours. But you know in hindsight that is ridiculous and I should have expected a city in the quantum realm with 'people'. And this is probably the most serious an Ant-Man trailer has ever been. But I will still head out in February to watch it, even if this seems to be the first Ant-Man movie that won't be a stand alone story which made the other two films that extra bit enjoyable
gaastra wrote:
October 24th, 2022, 4:58 pm
Also, cassie and kang in the same movie? Hmm. Will iron lad show up?
Fingers crossed, the more Young Avengers that appear in the MCU the better I feel that we will be getting something Young Avengers sooner rather than later and they aren't just dangling carrots and teasing Young Avengers fans for no pay off.
EricJ wrote:
October 25th, 2022, 2:17 am
and Cassie, aka Stature of the Young Avengers (since we've already got Ms. Marvel and America Chavez in the canon), also for Phase V.
Ms. Marvel isn't a YA is she? Not saying the MCU won't tweak the line up but I'm hoping in The Marvels they are able to introduce Hulkling or something. Been hoping that since watching Captain Marvel for the first time when they showed the Krees and Skrull hate each other. But since Madness of Multiverse didn't age up Tommy and Billy (perfect opportunity with the Multiverse) I just don't know what MCU's plans are for the Young Avengers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 26th, 2022, 2:05 am

Bill1978 wrote:
October 25th, 2022, 5:23 am
Ms. Marvel isn't a YA is she? I just don't know what MCU's plans are for the Young Avengers.
No, she wasn't, and neither was Lady Thor, but then, I don't recall only ten Avengers involved in the print-comic Civil War, either.

MCU's just making do with the scraps and leftovers they've got, namely Kamala, America, Cassie, and they'll probably try and fit one of the Black Panther girls in there too, just to justify that movie.
They were talking about getting Ironheart in there too, but that ship appears to have sailed until they can figure out whether anyone's officially going to replace RDJ in the movie timeline.

(And I kept wondering, "Wait, was Lawrence Fishburne's Bill Foster killed off in the second movie? I...don't...really...remember anything at all from that one. :? "
Foster was Pym's first replacement to take the suit in the comics, before Scott, so wasn't sure whether Black Villain might have been him showing up as a replacement.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 26th, 2022, 10:40 am

Ms marvel was champions.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 26th, 2022, 9:49 pm

Cree Summer has joined the cast of ironheart!

https://deadline.com/2022/10/ironheart- ... 235155739/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 27th, 2022, 4:24 am

Awesome. The rumored person: ugh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 28th, 2022, 7:44 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2022, 3:11 am

Of course it is.

This is the bigger and more exciting news from that article:
Bettany recently joined Tom Hanks and Robin Wright in Miramax’s Here, with Robert Zemeckis directing and Eric Roth adapting the script.
Had heard nothing about this, reuniting the big players of Forrest Gump. Could BZ be BACK-back…!?

I also recommend another overlooked, underrated Zemeckis (as producer)/Hanks collaboration: Finch, which like Greyhound got picked up by Apple, meaning almost no-one has seen it. Try and catch it somehow: hoping that someone will issue an eventual disc for this lovely film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2022, 2:14 pm

Yay Vision! I would love if they add Darcy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 30th, 2022, 8:55 pm

So nice to see gobots are canon with the mcu. With transformers in the comic universe gunn put gobots in the movie universe! Nice one gunn! We need a shogun warriors nod now gunn!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2022, 1:25 pm

Excelsior! Today would've been Stan Lee's 100th birthday.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 29th, 2022, 4:45 am

True believer! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2022, 2:24 pm

Documentary streaming next year!