Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2022, 8:44 pm

:) :)

Nice!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2022, 2:58 pm

A documentary about Idina Menzel is coming to Disney+. Well, they just gotta have a segment on John Travolta messing up her name!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2022, 6:33 pm

Natch!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » October 27th, 2022, 1:30 am

Could it be that he's referring to Frozen III?

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1585 ... CE75g&s=19

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 27th, 2022, 3:44 am

Given the amount of projects he’s somewhat inexplicably involved in, it could be anything that’s already been announced.

Given that he doesn’t offer an update on any one of those projects specifically, and that this is a clear tease, it’s a fair bet that Frozen III — please don’t let it be called Froz3n — is being developed, which wouldn’t be a huge surprise, right?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 27th, 2022, 4:18 am

Probably more Olaf Presents.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2022, 2:19 pm

Trailer for the Idina documentary:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 19th, 2022, 3:46 am

Wow, no idea she was so huge. But, really, an "icon"? And no mention of Wicked? And a full on feature doc? This doesn’t really look fully encompassing, or could it be, arguably, that there just isn’t really *too* much to encompass, or much more than a glorified TV special, which I kind of guess it is, ultimately.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » November 19th, 2022, 11:13 pm

I'm sure they'll talk about Wicked, given that they include footage. And she's been an icon, at least musically and certainly within New York, because of Wicked. Frozen made her crazy over, though, so that will probably be how I imagine the film/special will be shaped and built around, that her life led to her exploding into a superstar because of Frozen.

I am curious to see how much they'll touch upon her previous marriage with Taye Diggs and if they'll mention If/Then.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 30th, 2022, 3:25 pm

Tomorrow is the broadcast premiere of Frozen II on ABC. That confused mess! I'll probably flip between that and the Dolly Parton special on NBC. Love me some Dolly!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 30th, 2022, 5:13 pm

Dolly is great! FII was just hysterically bad! And yet it’s Strange World that gets it in the neck! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 30th, 2022, 6:01 pm

On FII, I kept waiting for the plot to “get going”…and it never did! :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 30th, 2022, 10:48 pm

A friend once asked me what FII was about and I responded with 'The group sings a song at the start and then separates in the woods to sing a solo each and then it ends'. I honestly cannot recall what really happens, broad strokes sure but nothing more. It's why I dread an FIII cause if they didn't have a good enough story for a sequel what makes them think they could pull off a threequel?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 30th, 2022, 10:58 pm

Frozen II should have been a warning sign for the future of WDAS.
Bill1978 wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:48 pm
A friend once asked me what FII was about and I responded with 'The group sings a song at the start and then separates in the woods to sing a solo each and then it ends'. I honestly cannot recall what really happens, broad strokes sure but nothing more. It's why I dread an FIII cause if they didn't have a good enough story for a sequel what makes them think they could pull off a threequel?
My hope is that they actually do something with the characters and the concepts they introduced on Frozen II, but at this point we still don't know if Frozen III will happen, they never announced it officially.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2022, 3:39 am

Iger's back. DA needs a hit. FIII will happen.

My hope is that, like a few franchises whose difficult second album went off the tracks, a third film pulls it back on the rails and satisfactorily completes the story by a) actually explaining things, Ike the trolls and why Elsa has powers, and b) actually does give Anna something to do, like powers of her own, which kept getting hinted at in II, or explain why she doesn’t, and bring back various story threads to tie up properly. And then Frozen can be done and put to rest for a while.

Well, until the inevitable next special or live-action remake… :roll: