Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Post by Randall » November 24th, 2022, 1:19 am

With that second Empire cover, I immediately imagined Indy going to New York to find Doc Savage. Now THAT would be a movie!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2022, 3:56 am

Gawd, I hope Mads isn’t Toht's son or anything silly like that…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 24th, 2022, 7:40 pm

I'm pretty sure Toht didn't reproduce before melting. :shock:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 25th, 2022, 3:05 am

Not that we saw…

(And he *was* in that tent with Marion for a while…was it ever proven Mutt was *really* Indy's boy…?) :shock: ;) :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 25th, 2022, 3:26 pm

More images:

That last one...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2022, 5:15 pm

First trailer!

https://youtu.be/ZfVYgWYaHmE

I like it! :). Sallah’s back!!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2022, 6:51 pm

Okay I am just giddy as a schoolboy over this!

Everything about this nails the original tone/visual style/Spielberg feel of the first three, and the only sad thing about it is that it makes me lament we never got anymore of Indy's earlier adventures in ten extra films over the last thirty years. Would have been quite the ride!

But, yeah…one more to look forward to, and by heck am I now looking forward to this!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 2nd, 2022, 12:58 am

Unbelievable how easily Ford fits back in as Indy after all these years…Harrison Ford is, IMHO, the ONLY actor in Hollywood who could ever pull this off.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 2nd, 2022, 2:52 am

So now, Harrison Ford is the official Old Harrison Ford actor of the Indy revival. ;)
(And John Rhys-Davies for the studio-franchise high school reunion.)

Thing is, looking back at all the YouTube reactions of new kids looking at the original '81 Raiders, what made it such a 80's Spielberg movie was that there was no CGI, and you stared jawdropped at how far they went for the stunt scenes in the movie.
Here, it's like the Daniel Craig 007's, where CGI-enhanced stunts just...don't impress you, somehow.

That, and no Spielberg on direction, just feels like it's a recycled movie of Indy looking back on his own past.
But, unlike the the Indy 5 rumors we've had for fourteen years, at least we've moved on from Shia LaBoeuf.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 2nd, 2022, 5:51 am

If the eventual movie is no better than that trailer, then it’s already better than Kingdom Of The Crystal Meth, or whatever it was they were on when they made that.

And that’s just the thing: I’m *not* missing Spielberg here at all, much as I was expecting to. But all those visual tropes are in effect, all here and present and correct, *much* more than they were in the last one, which *did* feel tired and worn out even before it really got going. I’m not sure who the DP is on this without looking it up, but they have captured Dougie Slocombe's warm hues and epic scale better than Kamiński did — now *that* felt recycled. This one feels like continuation.

(And, just for the record, and knowing some of the guys, a LOT more on the last Bond was done fa realz than it looks. Yes, some is augmented, as always for more high octane stunts that have to keep safety in mind, but it’s impressive when you know that some of the "obviously CG" gags were much more real and dangerous than you would have thought.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 7th, 2023, 12:03 pm

New poster and trailer:

Odd they went with a Rolling Stones song, then again that is one of his most famous obstacles! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2023, 6:26 pm

Now THATS an Indy poster, wonky logo and cheap "in cinemas soon" aside.

And what's this? A Paramount credit…? Is there hope for a traditional opening mountain shot!?

Despite the slight "digital look" that sadly most films have now, the trailer otherwise just gets me more and more pumped for this.

Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood……………………………………………………………………………………………

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 7th, 2023, 6:57 pm

So time travel confirmed? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2023, 8:06 pm

Pretty much, I’d say, or at least the MacGuffin that needs claiming before it is actually used. Maybe we'll get a bit of portal opening that Indy glimpses, or maybe we get a whole moral dilemma where he could change the past/future but knows he must let thing play out, and *maybe* it ends with him going back into the past, kind of where he belongs (!), but I’m not sure I’d put money on *actual* "time travel" itself. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 7th, 2023, 8:31 pm

I found the trailer a little underwhelming... until the music finally started, near the end. Then I got tingles. The wife says this'll need to be a trip to the theatre.