AV Forum Member

Re: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition

Post by Daniel » March 31st, 2023, 12:02 pm

No AristoCats or Robin Hood!? Gasp. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 16th, 2023, 3:40 pm

The 4K restoration is being done by the same team that just did Cinderella!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2023, 3:54 am

Just mentioned that I the new 28 shorts thread! Great news indeed. Only 20 or so other redos to do…! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 30th, 2023, 2:29 pm

Press release:
THE CELEBRATION OF 100 MAGICAL YEARS OF DISNEY CONTINUES WITH THE RELEASE OF THE CLASSIC FILM THAT STARTED IT ALL!

BURBANK, CA (August 30, 2023) – The Walt Disney Company announced today a special restored and remastered 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release of the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ first ever animated feature – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

This will be the first time that the classic film has been made available in stunning 4K UHD, as part of The Walt Disney Studios’ continuing major restoration program using new scans of the original nitrate negative and with the creative input of Disney Animation experts Eric Goldberg (one of the modern masters of Disney animation) and Michael Giaimo (production designer of Wish, Frozen, Frozen II and Pocahontas). This newly restored version of the beloved film is part of Disney's 100th anniversary celebration and follows the recent restoration of Disney Animation’s Cinderella, released in 4K UHD earlier this year.

This new Disney100 edition will be released nationwide in a special collectible O-sleeve. There will also be a number of retail exclusives, with Best Buy offering a special Steelbook and Walmart offering animated titles in Disney100 edition slipcovers with a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs collectible pin.

Release Date Physical: October 10, 2023

Beautiful!

Disney also released a side-by-side comparison:

Simply stunning!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 30th, 2023, 5:42 pm

Weird art, but it shall be mine. Oh, yes. It shall be mine… :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 30th, 2023, 10:37 pm

At first, I really liked the cover art... but the more I look at it, the less I think it works. I might actually go for the Disney 100 Steelbook for this.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 31st, 2023, 3:55 am

Yeah, see my comment on the Disney+ show releases. Must be a Thing.

I can’t go for those steels, though. None of them are on model. Snow White, despite what the new one wants us to think, is not a sassy, arms folded, come and take me on if you think you’re hard enough young woman.

Those steels would have been instant must-haves if they’d made the "badge" section a little larger and used original poster art. At least the other design draws from two or three reissue posters, so feels a little more classic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 31st, 2023, 4:11 am

Since it's not a "Signature" Edition, and came out of sequence, I'm thinking this was supposed to come out to "synergize" marketing with the live action Snow White In Name Only, which was supposed to open in Spring Break Fangirl-Kissup March '24, but has now been (heheh) "delayed" by strikes.

And as we know, some production-delayed studio projects have a bad habit of disappearing during strike limbo, especially when actresses embarrass the studio by shooting off their big mouths... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » August 31st, 2023, 6:23 am

There were talks about this release since March 2023, it was always supposed to come out late 2023, just in time for Christmas.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 31st, 2023, 10:40 am

Yeah, they’re already late for the 85th anniversary, even if they could still claim this is still (just) the 85th anniversary year.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2023, 4:08 am

Haha…just put my order in for the 4K and noted that this is my seventh go around for Snowy on disc (on all formats). ;)

Including the VHS, you could say that was Snow White And The Seven Discs…! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » September 15th, 2023, 10:22 am

Where did you put your order? It still shows as "currently unavailable".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2023, 6:32 pm

Oh, this is with my longtime UK import guy who I've been going to since the laser days. I’ve basically said to definitely keep me one when he gets his stock in. I’ll pop over a pick up a few titles when he lets me know. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » October 1st, 2023, 11:53 am

I was finally able to order this from Amazon but I already made an order from eBay. Let's see which one arrives first.