"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 20th, 2006, 12:12 pm

The Abyss was an awful terrible movie.

But it was the kind of awful/terrible that can still be enjoyed like Twister or Face Off.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 20th, 2006, 12:26 pm

regardless of your opinion of the Abyss, the technology that built the pseudopod was one of the contributors to this whole nutty medium . that's what i'm gettin at here, big guy.
Twister and Abyss in one sentence ?... ouch, that hurts.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 20th, 2006, 1:30 pm

I remain one of the few that actually got a kick out of Twister... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 20th, 2006, 2:30 pm

Ben wrote:How the heck are these films connected???

Father must go on a journey and overcome many different obstacles to find his lost son...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 20th, 2006, 2:32 pm

wasn't that the same story line as "Commando" with Arnold ?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 20th, 2006, 2:33 pm

pinnochio

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 20th, 2006, 2:55 pm

Ben wrote:I remain one of the few that actually got a kick out of Twister... ;)
Oh Twister is fun to watch. Just like The Abyss, Face Off, and every Steven Segal movie is. But there's no denying it was horrible :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 20th, 2006, 4:30 pm

spaz wrote:pinnochio
Nice point, spaz.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 20th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Was going to be my next one! ;)

Most films, in fact, are a quest to find something. And in that way The Wild can not be compared to anything else.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 20th, 2006, 5:26 pm

you guys will be surprised; i am, thats for certain. in terms of movie making , it's definitely pretty damn good. other factors such as similiarities, are always difficult to guess 4 years in advance. once you're handed the basic DNA of a movie you can only deviate so much. at least that's what we found.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 20th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Hollywood is a very odd dynamic of creativity, greed, imprisonment. you do the best you can under disfunctional circumstances.

It happens a lot, this, "who did what first". Even though I haven't seen HoodWinked, a lot of critics have been calling it a "Shrek" rip-off. Please. I don't have to see that film to realize that the plot is nothing like Shrek.

Or "Spirit" and "Home on the Range"....huh?? Yeah, they both seem to take place in the West or SouthWest....quick! Tell DW to STAY THE HELL away from Australia! Pixar already did that! :roll:

"El Dorado" and "Emperor's New Groove"--yeah, I always thought Miguel looked kind of like Pacha and Chel is the splitting image of Pacha's wife....and the horse kind of looks like Pacha's lama. Yeah, grounds for a lawsuit there.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 20th, 2006, 6:37 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Hollywood is a very odd dynamic of creativity, greed, imprisonment. you do the best you can under disfunctional circumstances.

It happens a lot, this, "who did what first". Even though I haven't seen HoodWinked, a lot of critics have been calling it a "Shrek" rip-off. Please. I don't have to see that film to realize that the plot is nothing like Shrek.

Or "Spirit" and "Home on the Range"....huh?? Yeah, they both seem to take place in the West or SouthWest....quick! Tell DW to STAY THE HELL away from Australia! Pixar already did that! :roll:
Before Home on the Range got re-tooled it was Sweating Bullets, a western through the eyes of a horse... now what was Spirit? a western through the eyes of a horse... I hate this coincidental crap

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » March 20th, 2006, 10:33 pm

To this day Twister remains one of my all time favorite movies. It's fun to watch and has a somewhat classy story line. Plus, speaking as a meteorology student, while there are many many liberties taken, the movie has much more to give from a scientific element than The Perfect Storm and certainly that crap we call The Day After Tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed TDAT but the science behind it is crap, just doesn't work at any level.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Great new "The Wild" poster

Post by askmike1 » March 20th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Jens wrote:Image

Found here.

I love this poster! This will really attract people, in my humble opinion!
Hey look, it's Aslan's younger uglier brother. :) Seriously, I do like the spoof on Narnia's poster.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 20th, 2006, 11:39 pm

this poster came out in feb. 04 . peoplies.