Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 15th, 2006, 6:36 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Overall, a huge step up from Chicken Little. I remember the first teaser for that one.. ouch.
:shock:
I think the whole "Lasseter wanted Bowler out of the movie thing" was just one of the many false reports by Jim Hill... ow how often he is wrong.
That's proably correct. Maybe Lasseter wanted to change a scene he was in or something?...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2006, 6:36 pm

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=011285
not bad, not bad. Definately a move forward from Chicken Little. No pixar yet, but not bad...

But uhm... didn't Jim Hill recently report that John Lasseter wanted to re-structure and re-shape the movie entirely, get rid of the villain and redo the second act completely? That would be odd to start advertising and trailers when the villain which is featured heavily in the movie will soon be axed...

Anyone who can shed any light on this?

ROB
Does Lassetter really want to axe the villian? That fits in with what Ben recently said about Pixar, by and large, not having strong enough villains. Sid, Al the Toy Man, Darla, Randall? These are "classic Disney villains?" I hope he doesn't get rid of this Bowler guy...
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 15th, 2006, 11:48 pm

I was so excited when I heard about the trailer. And after watching it, I've kinda changed my mind about the villain. He seems to fit in better when he's in motion, if that makes any sense.

It stinks that you only see Wilbur for like 1 second. He's my favorite so far.

~~=oP

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2006, 8:15 am

I think this trailer MAY have been put out there to squash these rumors and keep the film on track...

I did notice that it's been changed from this Christmas to next Spring...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 16th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Agreed. The whole trailer seems to focus on Bowler Hat Guy and Lewis (but mostly BHG). Shouldn't we be seeing more of the Robinsons? After all, it IS called "Meet the Robinsons"...

Oh yeah, and I hate that logo.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 16th, 2006, 3:00 pm

Woah, Meg, there's a trailer? And a teaser?
I was just talking about the teaser...I call them trailers sometimes too.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 16th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Finally watched the trailer.

Yep, the animation of Bowler Hat Man is as good as people say. He'll be the best character in the film, I just know it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 16th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Thanks Meg (though It's not actually my birthday til' Wednesday). Is this teaser online yet? I'm really desperate to see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 16th, 2006, 3:48 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 16th, 2006, 3:56 pm

AAAAAAARRGHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG! I'm actually having trouble breathing. That was spectacular. The animation is unbelievable. That is by far the best cg animation I have ever seen. Thanks Meg. I'm going to lie down.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 16th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Oh my gawd, I think I killed him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 16th, 2006, 11:20 pm

Why do we keep forgetting Syndrome in the Pixar villain list???

Actually I wish I'd been a fly on the wall for that session of the think tank. I'm wondering if perhaps there may have been a little internal dispute on this one. Perhaps the Lasseter faction vs the Bird faction? They're alot alike but not entirely. They hold the same values and goals but Toy Story and The Incredibles were bothe very different styles and I'm not sure but what MTR won't be in the middle of those two. That could've led to a bit of bickering.

Boy I wish I could've been there.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 17th, 2006, 7:25 am

I'm really curious about how true these claims are that Lasetter suggested scrapping Bowler Hat Guy. I mean, even if they were just suggestions and Anderson didn't have to take them on board, for Disney to release footage a year before release which spends most of it's time showcasing the villain seems kind of strange. If the character was affecting the film so much that he was going to be scrapped then surely Disney would have taken on at least SOME of Pixar's suggestions. Especially when you consider that Lasetter and Catmull are gonna be the new bosses in a few months. I really don't think this film is in half as much trouble as Jim Hill claims.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 17th, 2006, 8:23 am

Like I said before, it could have been a 'telephone game' thing - For instance, maybe Lasseter wanted the villain entirely out of a scene, but as it gets passed from person to person it gets stretched to being the whole movie .

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 17th, 2006, 12:00 pm

To me, this trailer almost seems like a strange way of them saying, "Look, world, we're not getting rid of the villain! He's here to stay!".

Or maybe not...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."