Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 23rd, 2006, 11:34 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Personally, I think it will do even better. Incredibles wasn't considered a mammoth hit, just an O.K. hit, and it made like 200$ million (at least.)
MTR will certainly do as well as that. Madagascar did about 150 $ domestic, and they didn't have the advantage of the Disney name/marketing machine. MTR will do very, very well in my opinion.
JUST my opinion. :wink:
Will Meet the Robinsons get the teenagers' attention? They'll most likely see Ninja Turtles instead.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 24th, 2006, 12:08 am

Movie-Man wrote:But there is another drawback, the marketing, if the marketing for Meet the Robinsons is dumbed down like The Iron Giant then the film is already dead.
If there is one thing Disney knows how to do, it is Marketing. We are talking about the company that advertised their film majorly a whole year before it premiered (and don't blame CL's $130m gross on marketing, blame it on the fact that HP4 was released in it's 3rd week....remember, CL's second week had an extremely good hold). We are talking about the same company that marketed the hell out of Chicken Little, Finding Nemo, Incredibles, Lilo & Stitch, Narnia, Pirates of the Caribbean & all their other films. Disney knows how to market. Saying otherwise is simply uneducated.
Will Meet the Robinsons get the teenagers' attention? They'll most likely see Ninja Turtles instead.
I'm a teenager & I know a lot of them :), I so I feel I am qualified to say this....... the Ninja Turtles are not cool & are not popular.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 24th, 2006, 12:12 am

askmike1 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:
I'm a teenager & I know a lot of them :), I so I feel I am qualified to say this....... the Ninja Turtles are not cool & are not popular.
I'm talking about 15-18 not 12-14 and what about college guys? Will Meet the Robinsons get their attention?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2006, 12:16 am

If College kids loved Incredibles (and they did) I'm sure they'll go for the Robinsons.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 24th, 2006, 12:25 am

ShyViolet wrote:If College kids loved Incredibles (and they did) I'm sure they'll go for the Robinsons.
That's different, The Incredibles was an action animated movie and it features super heroes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 24th, 2006, 12:27 am

This college kid will take MTR over TMNT.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 24th, 2006, 12:33 am

Brandon Neeld wrote:This college kid will take MTR over TMNT.
But are other college guys interested?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 24th, 2006, 12:49 am

Movie-Man wrote:I'm talking about 15-18 not 12-14 and what about college guys? Will Meet the Robinsons get their attention?
I'm 17, right in the middle of your demographic range. And I repeat, TMNT are not cool or popular with the majority of Teenagers.

On the other hand, pretty much everyone in my school loved movies like Incredibles & Finding Nemo.
-Michael

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 24th, 2006, 12:53 am

askmike1 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:I'm talking about 15-18 not 12-14 and what about college guys? Will Meet the Robinsons get their attention?
I'm 17, right in the middle of your demographic range. And I repeat, TMNT are not cool or popular with the majority of Teenagers.

On the other hand, pretty much everyone in my school loved movies like Incredibles & Finding Nemo.
The Incredibles is an action animated superhero film and Finding Nemo is just a animated comedy film, but Meet the Robinsons is based on a kids' book I think and I'm not sure if people will see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 24th, 2006, 1:02 am

Movie-Man wrote:The Incredibles is an action animated superhero film and Finding Nemo is just a animated comedy film, but Meet the Robinsons is based on a kids' book I think and I'm not sure if people will see it.
Narnia was based on a kid book and that seemed to do amazingly well. What about 80% of Disney's movies that were based on fairy tales (Snow White, Aladdin, etc)?

Besides, Disney is not following the book 100%. And from what it looks like so far, there should be a lot of action (especially on the part of Wilbur vs. Bowler Hat Guy).

-Michael
-Michael

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 24th, 2006, 1:23 am

askmike1 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:The Incredibles is an action animated superhero film and Finding Nemo is just a animated comedy film, but Meet the Robinsons is based on a kids' book I think and I'm not sure if people will see it.
Narnia was based on a kid book and that seemed to do amazingly well. What about 80% of Disney's movies that were based on fairy tales (Snow White, Aladdin, etc)?

Besides, Disney is not following the book 100%. And from what it looks like so far, there should be a lot of action (especially on the part of Wilbur vs. Bowler Hat Guy).

-Michael
Ok, Narnia is different, very different, it's fantasy and people fall for Fantasy thanks to Lord of the Rings and it's damn more than a kids book and I don't think Meet the Robinsons I mean sooner or later people will lose interst in CGI animated films and move on to other animation like The Last Days of Coney Island, Ralph Bakshi's latest and last film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 2:10 am

askmike1 wrote:[And from what it looks like so far, there should be a lot of action (especially on the part of Wilbur vs. Bowler Hat Guy).

-Michael
No way! Wilbur takes on Bowler Hat Guy? Sweet. I wonder how that's goin' down.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » April 24th, 2006, 3:50 am

I for one will be seeing Ninja Turtles (which are cool, but only if you're looking at the right incarnation), but it doesn't mean I won't be seeing this one. Especially since Meet the Robinsons already looks much better as far as quality (read: not-weird models) is concerned. The animation looks nice for this film, as well as the lighting and stuff. Better than a lot of CG films that have been coming out as of late. It has a very Pixar-ish look to it, but that doesn't bother me. I suppose it will boil down to the quality of the storytelling, which I'll be able to judge when I see it.

Oh, and I might as well say hi. *waves* I've been lurking here for a couple months. I finally decided to join, especially as I can finally call myself an official "animation student." Hope to have fun discussing stuff with y'all. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 4:05 am

*waves back* Hi! Welcome to A-N. I'm an animation student too, but since my college is getting rid of it's animation department (because it blows), I have to get into a new school that has one. >< I'm guessing you work with 3D?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » April 24th, 2006, 4:53 am

*tips hat* Thankye!

I don't work with 3D yet... I only just got accepted into the program at college, but I will be working in both 2D and 3D. I'm planning on teaching myself as much about 3D modeling/animation as I can over the summer - downloaded the Maya PLE to practice on until fall classes start.

I love 2D and am on the edge of my chair waiting for a major studio to release something in that medium again. But I'm not one of those who hates 3D for it. Especially considering the magic that studios like Pixar and Weta have come out with. I'm really hoping for Meet the Robinsons to fall in that category, too.