Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 26th, 2006, 7:38 am

Man, I wanna look at the art in those books, 'cause it's cute, but I don't want to spoil it for myself either. I spoiled Shrek 2 by looking at one of the books and since then I've resolved to never touch one until after the movie comes out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 27th, 2006, 3:44 am

Yesterday was the World Premiere of Cars, although I feel like saying it was today because Brandon and I haven't gone to bed yet. We didn't get back until 3 am.

Anyhoo...I'll just start off by saying...KA-CHOW! ^o^ Cars rocked! It was so well done. There were so many hilarious scenes and likeable characters.

Mater MADE the movie. He had a lot of great lines, probably the best ones. And Pixar used many references to his voice actor. ;)

I can't reveal a lot about the film, but my favorite part was when Lightning and Mater went "tractor tipping". Hahahaha! The entire audience applauded during that scene along with several other scenes throughout the night.

The Premiere itself was an entirely different story. When we first arrived at the speedway, the sun was blazing and there were very few clouds. It only took about an hour for the storm to blow right over us. It poured and thundered. Grrr! We got soaked to the bone and had to watch our stuff, and we were carrying books with us! Uggh. Luckily our stuff wasn't touched.

Brandon was able to get special access to the red carpet, but he couldn't get me a guest pass so I could follow him. He managed to take good pictures of everyone but Paul Newman. That was when his batteries went dead. Good thing I handed him a battery pack before he left me. :D

I was left by the railing with PitbullLady from I-Kronos.com (she's a hoot! :)) We were right where the limos pulled up to let out their passengers. We got to see just about everybody! And Owen Wilson signed my Lightning plushie! I was standing right next to him! XD

The entertainment began with Jeff Foxworthy talking about the 12-lap race that we watched. Then he passed the hosting duties over to Larry the Cable Guy. He was everything you could've hoped for. His best joke was how the cars in the movie run by themselves so Pixar gave 2 of them to the Kennedys. LMAO

There were performances by Brad Paisley and Chuck Berry. However, I could hear the people in the seats mumbling to themselves that they wished they'd quit playing songs and just start the movie already. Heh.

Then we watched the movie, which played on 4 giant screens at once. After that, we got to see a nice fireworks display that ended the night.

Brandon and I stayed for 2 hours waiting at the gate for maybe a few celebs or Pixar crew members. No such luck. Ahh well.

We have tons of photos to show you guys, but since we didn't get back until 3, we are way too tired to worry about organizing them and stuff. We promise we'll post them as soon as possible.

Git er done!

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 27th, 2006, 3:56 am

If you post some good photos maybe we can get Brandon a position writing for our site.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 27th, 2006, 7:54 am

Sounds like you had a helluva time, PV! I envy you.

('Cept for that whole rain part. That stinks, but still...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 27th, 2006, 10:45 am

Christian wrote:If you post some good photos maybe we can get Brandon a position writing for our site.
Uhh...doesn't he already do that? LOL

And you're right, Meg. The rain was the only downer. They actually postponed the event 2 times that night. We were just standing there in the freezing rain for what seemed like forever. It was nice of the speedway staff to pass out free ponchos.

I wanted to add to my first post about the premiere, but I'll just put it here.

One thing that really captivated me was the scale of the speedway itself. I never imagined a stadium could be so gigantic.

We met up with Doug Marsh from LaughingPlace.com. He was really friendly. He told us about how nice John Lasseter is and how he use to work in the Disney World theme parks before Pixar. Doug was even wearing a shirt John sent to him, and it was Incredibles so I was psyched. ^__^ We have photos of him too.

Also, when they showed the movie, there were absolutely no trailers. They didn't even show One Man Band. That was disappointing. I'll have to go see it again back home just to see the extra stuff they left out.

That's all I can think of for now. We've gotta check out of our hotel now.

Ka-chow!

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 27th, 2006, 11:26 am

Also, when they showed the movie, there were absolutely no trailers. They didn't even show One Man Band. That was disappointing. I'll have to go see it again back home just to see the extra stuff they left out.
Ah really? That stinks. Some of us here got to see the Ratoulli...Ratatllio...Ratuioulliiuliului trailer while it was still online.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 27th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Uhh...doesn't he already do that? LOL
Yeah, it was a joke.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mercury52 » May 27th, 2006, 2:47 pm

I was also in attendance. One heck of a time! I was one of (if not the first) people in through the gates. That's for general admission anyway. Some VIPS may have been in sooner.

For the $10 price tag (which went to support the 2 charities) they puyt on one heck of a show! I got to the Speedway about 4 or 4:30 and stood out in the thunderstorm to make sure I could be one of the first in.

My butt was in the seat from 6 pm until about 12:15. Performances, jet flybys, a 12-lap race (pace car driven by Dick Cook!) and the movie itself, one heck of a great time. I might write up a fuller, more in-depth account of my experience of the premiere, but to sum it up, it was freakin' awesome and the movie itself was fantastic. Very funny, images were great and almost photo-real (I've worked as a projectionist since 2002, and I now firmly believe there is NO reason to continue projecting film after seeing the digital projection for Cars). Pixar has another winner on their hands.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mercury52 » May 27th, 2006, 2:49 pm

This will be a major hit. The response at the premiere last night was overwhelming. The movie is fantastic, and I have been very skeptical since the previews haven't been so great. Box office, here comes Cars!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 27th, 2006, 2:52 pm

I hope so! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » May 27th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Some photos from Cars' World Premiere :)
http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/news_ ... f4810.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 27th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Geez! That's a lot of people!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » May 27th, 2006, 7:36 pm

holy cow! thats ALOT of people! That must have been a BLAST! i am so glad ya'll went and got to share the experience with us! Looks like everyone there had a great time! cant wait to see some more pics!! :D
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 27th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Is this the record for the most people at a premiere ever?

Can you really call it a premiere after it's already been shown around so many times?

This was more like its first public showing where all the cast and crew showed up...but it looks very, very cool.

What was the seating/viewing like...could you see/hear everything at a decent level?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » May 27th, 2006, 10:06 pm

great questions. i didnt even think of all that. ya. so tell us all.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]