Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Shambler » June 16th, 2006, 2:32 am

Well that's pretty cool. So you saw everyone. The Pixar folks walked the red carpet too (blue badges), but most stayed on the side closest to the spectators.

Great time, wasn't it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 16th, 2006, 2:56 am

Heheh. Yes it was.

And judging from your words, I'm guessing you were also in attendance. Am I correct?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Shambler » June 16th, 2006, 2:59 am

Yep. Had an awesome time. From the jets to the fireworks to Waffle House afterwards. :)

What hotel were you at? Did you stay for the race on Sunday? Did you eat a deep fried twinkie?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 16th, 2006, 3:03 am

Sweet.

No, we had to drive to Orlando the next day. We stayed 2 hours after the movie was over to try and meet up with the Pixar crew. Then we went back to our hotel. It was the Best Western in Gastonia.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Shambler » June 16th, 2006, 3:16 am

If you had made it known to people with blue badges that you'd love to hang with them, I'll bet you'd have gotten a few takers. A lot of people went out after the show. Do you like Waffle House? :wink:

If you had offered to show the obviously non-local Pixarians around town, you might have had an interesting evening.
Last edited by Shambler on June 27th, 2006, 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 16th, 2006, 3:25 am

As a matter of fact, I do. It's been a while though.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Shambler » June 16th, 2006, 3:56 am

Wow, I fell asleep at the keyboard. That's a sure sign I need to go to bed....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 16th, 2006, 4:37 am

Oh =P I'm used to you people putting ";)" after any joke you guys make.
PixarVixen wrote:Wow, Mac. You've ranked Toy Story as your least favorite? No way.

Well, of all the Pixar movies, I know The Incredibles is my favorite and Monster's Inc. is MY least favorite, but it's hard for me to rank the other movies inbetween.

~~=oP
I'm not saying that Toy Story sucks. Not at all. It's like trying to pick which slice of pizza is the one I don't love as much as the others. Toy Story is awesome, don't get me wrong. I just like all the others more.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » June 16th, 2006, 6:08 am

Meg wrote: AAAGHH! They kept playing that commercail OVER and OVER again during that 20 Years of Pixar on ABC. It got a little annoying after a while...I had TiVo'ed it so every time I saw it when I was skipping through the commercails, I thought it had gone back to the documentary so I would stop it.
Sorry Meg - but there are still "signs of intelligent life" outside USA and maybe some animation fans would like to watch it but hasn't a chance :)

As for international attitude ragarding Cars I can tell that polish early reviews are mostly very positive (guy from one of the biggest polish film portals told to my friend privately that for him this is the best pixar to date and his personal favourite). And we generally don't care about Nascar, and cars are not so important part of our lifes and history like in US. That doc Hollywood movie is also widely unknown in Poland so maybe we've got even more fresh un unbiased POV here and sentiment for cars brought mainly from child plays nostalgy. What's more - american "life on wheels" and road movies are a kind of fascinating american icons that are well known internationally and lives as a legend on their own. Those american icons were especially fascinating for people living behind The Iron Curtain , so this could be benefit for "Cars" here :) I hope I'll like it - one more week left...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 16th, 2006, 10:13 am

Sorry Meg - but there are still "signs of intelligent life" outside USA and maybe some animation fans would like to watch it but hasn't a chance
Hey, I know. It's a nice commercail and all...I've just seen it a million times. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 16th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Pixar favs.
-Finding Nemo
-Monsters inc.
-Cars
-Toy Story 2
-The incredibles
-Toy Story
-Bugs life
~a-G :wink:
okay so im not really sure about this setup. i really enjoyed toy story and a bugs life its just that they're not my favs.
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2006, 1:55 pm

The Incredibles
A Bug's Life
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc
Toy Story II
Cars
Toy Story I

I've always liked A Bug's Life.

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 16th, 2006, 1:57 pm

A Bug's Life is awesome. I love it love it love it! I can never really understand why it's at the bottom of most people's lists...Ah well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 16th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Macaluso wrote:I'm not saying that Toy Story sucks. Not at all. It's like trying to pick which slice of pizza is the one I don't love as much as the others. Toy Story is awesome, don't get me wrong. I just like all the others more.
I understand. ^__^ I just found it interesting.

I love Monster's Inc. too, but just not NEARLY as much as the other films. For me, there was something lacking.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 16th, 2006, 1:59 pm

okay so its not really at the bottom of my list but more like not as favorited as other pixar works. well i still love the movie. Very nicely told. Only if Antz did'dnt come out...
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]