Bee Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 18th, 2007, 4:20 am

The stunt at Cannes was great. Just saw it on the news. I want more of those trailers for Bee Movie.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 18th, 2007, 6:50 am

The animation--wow. Took my breath away. :shock:

I think it's kind of like Antz, but more "fun"--same basic story of "bug goes out into the people World" but in the case of Antz it was more political satire and here it's more of an out-and-out comedy.

Maybe that's why it looks "brighter." :D

Also, has anyone heard of this book?????? :) :) :)

Finally, an "Art of" DW book!!! First time in almost, um, ten years? :roll:

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012341
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 18th, 2007, 8:02 am

Hahaha...first Amid and now Jerry!

And to think just last year he was slagging off the look of "Over The Hedge". Do I smell a sell out? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 18th, 2007, 6:09 pm

These "Art of" books are always ridicously expensive over here. They are about $50-$60, however if I buy them off amazon they equate to about $25-$30, depending on how long it has been out. I'd really like to collect them all and by the looks of it the Bee Movie one is going to be very colourful.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 21st, 2007, 1:12 pm

I hope you get it b! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 21st, 2007, 9:19 pm

I really loved the new trailer! The animation was truly stunning. The colors just look so bright and vibrant, its simply amazing! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » May 21st, 2007, 10:37 pm

They did a really good job with the animation! They also threw in a few funny moments. I am going to watch this!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 20th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Re: Damon Ross from Nick movies at DreamWorks

:( :( :(

If DW turns into another Nick....no, I refuse to even type that sentence. (oops, just did. :roll: :wink:)

But seriously, this bites. :?

I only hope that this isn't as bad as it seems.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 20th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Nick movies aren't *always* horrible - remember Charlotte's Web and the Lemony Snicket flick?

(Okay, those weren't 100% Nick...but still.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 20th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Didn't see either--although I wanted to and probably will. I didn't know they were part Nick, though.

I guess I was thinking of films like Rugrats, Wild Thornberries, Spongebob....nothing wrong with these shows/films (is there really even a difference?? :?) but they're NOT, I repeat NOT what I want DreamWorks to be! :roll: :roll: :roll:

(Spongebob is OK, Thornberries I'm indifferent to and I absolutely hate Rugrats. :twisted: )

G-d, I SO wish DW had never given up their 2d epics.

:cry:

Whatever happened to making Indiana-Jones/Terminator 2 type films?

(I know, Sinbad....tradigital films that made no money. I always wished they'd go back to it, though.)

Oh well, maybe this doesn't mean anything. Maybe he's just there to help them pick projects. Or maybe my dream will come true and they'll get bought by Disney.....:wink: :)

I hope....:?

Sorry to keep complaining like this.....well, maybe it's not so bad.

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 20th, 2007, 11:15 pm

10 Emoticons.... Wow.
ShyViolet wrote:(is there really even a difference?? :?)
Yes, Spongbob looks more cartoony. :P
ShyViolet wrote:and I absolutely hate Rugrats. :twisted:
Why? Its a cute cartoon. I hate All Grown Up, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 21st, 2007, 7:05 am

I missed the Damon Ross comments, but get where Vi is coming from.

Regarding the Nick name on CW and Lemony, much as Disney make a movie and then decide if it's "Disney" or "Touchstone", Nick is essentially a brand name that gets slapped on any kid-orientated in-house Paramount fare.

So...you won't see it on Barnyard or Shrek, since they're out of house movies that Paramount only distributes (though you will see promotion on the Nick channels because of this). But anything that is bought or generated by Viacom through their Paramount studio has the label put on it, just as "Disney" is put on films with family appeal.

DreamWorks has tried to build up this recognition (that's why every movie from them is "DreamWorks' Over The Hedge" or "DreamWorks' Shrek The Third", etc) but people still think they are Disney. With "Nick", Paramount knows that more people and fans of shows on the channel might go and see a Nick movie than a Paramount one.

So, while their animated films were offshoots of Nick TV shows, the feature films are more a case of brand recognition...not "real" Nick movies.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 24th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Um....don't look now (not even sure what that expression means) but apparently, with Walt Disney Animation moving out of the hat building in Burbank (back to Glendale?) DreamWorks is moving.....into Burbank! (partially)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... -fest.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 29th, 2007, 12:41 am

Yay! Movie news! :D

Kung-Fu Panda reportedly looks great, and How To Train Your Dragon set for fall 2009!!! :) :)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... udios.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 30th, 2007, 4:01 am

I got more of a "yay factor" out of the King of the Hill news. Big fan, you know.

Great DW movie news, though. Kung-Fu Panda is sounding real promising! :)