Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2007, 10:28 pm

Do you mean this one? :P :wink:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 9th, 2007, 1:38 am

Also, this is hilarious: :lol:

It's actually a take-off of THIS PSA, first broadcast in 1987:

Not that drug addiction is funny in any way, but I liked how they copied it with Vader. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 28th, 2007, 5:31 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 30th, 2007, 10:10 pm

I knew that name sounded familar! Yup, spambot. Personally, I think most of the DVD's are kind of tacky, especially "Friends". :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2007, 11:19 am

Dan's post above refers to unauthorized spam advertising bootleg DVDs. It's obviously been deleted with no other comments.

No pirates, people, except Johnny Depp ones! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2007, 11:23 am

ShyViolet wrote:Disney and Clone Wars? :P
I didn't note a date on this, but did he just post this Monday? That's an old story that I read on his site maybe a couple of months ago!

Jim's not resorted to re-posting stories, has he, or did you just find this?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 1st, 2007, 12:09 am

Ben wrote:
ShyViolet wrote:Disney and Clone Wars? :P
I didn't note a date on this, but did he just post this Monday? That's an old story that I read on his site maybe a couple of months ago!

Jim's not resorted to re-posting stories, has he, or did you just find this?
Uh, you'll notice 8/27 in the link, as in the post.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 1st, 2007, 8:29 am

Uh, I didn't, but thanks for pointing that out to me!

Oops! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 11th, 2007, 5:24 pm

That is awesome. Even though I did just buy 2 copies of each original out on vhs at local tag sales because I was afraid they would never come out with them uncut on dvd ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2008, 12:31 pm

SHOCK HORROR!

Star Trek TOS price crash at Amazon - all three non-tampered with DVD sets going for under $40!

ONE: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... edviews-20

TWO: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... edviews-20

THREE: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... edviews-20

Mighty tempted now! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 22nd, 2008, 1:56 pm

And here I have the last two seasons still in shrinkwrap, and I paid through the nose. At least they each have a bonus disc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 22nd, 2008, 8:03 pm

Thanks large for the heads up, Ben! Luckily, at the moment I'm able to spare the cash (which doesn't happen often) so I could deny myself no longer and splurged to get all three seasons (just to make sure I had the original version before it's completely replaced by the hi-def-facelift version).

Star Trek's kind of funny. If you're any kind of fan, you really want to have the original series just because it's classic and it's where the franchise began. For the rest of it though, there's so much of it (29 total seasons including the original three) that you'd have to be rediculously, ludicrously hardcore to even think about trying to collect it all. For myself, I'd like to get Deep Space Nine as that's my favorite of the modern Trek shows (if the price on those would ever come down) but beyond that I'd only get maybe one or two seasons of Next Gen and one or two seasons of Voyager. I wouldn't bother with Enterprise since what I've seen of it has been disappointing. Not terrible, but not up to the level of the previous shows and certainly not something I would spend money on.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2008, 4:04 am

Randall wrote:And here I have the last two seasons still in shrinkwrap, and I paid through the nose. At least they each have a bonus disc.
**looks at shelf containing forty individual Star Trek - TOS DVDs, with two episodes on each disc**

**looks away nervously, whistling .. trying not to think about how much money was spent on them** :roll:

/at least (for me) it was all tax-deductible .. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 23rd, 2008, 9:11 am

I think Rand has all those two-episode discs too.

I had a bunch on LD, but managed to sell them off early enough. The only thing with Amazon's sales is you never know how long they will hold them.

I'm tempted to go for one or two now and other next month, but they'll probably up the price again before then!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 23rd, 2008, 1:24 pm

I used to have all 40 two-episode Star Trek: TOS discs, and had barely started watching them, when the full series sets were announced. I sold the lot on eBay for $800, making most of my money back. I actually liked the packaging on them, but they took up too much shelf space.