Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 15th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Also the DVD cover who's very beautiful :D:
Looks really great :D the Blu-Ray cover with the hag in the middle reminds me of Narrisa in the middle of the cover of Enchanted.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2009, 3:25 pm

"Also the DVD cover who's very beautiful" Get out of here. ;)

I mean, the concept is OK I suppose, but that has to be one of the laziest jobs I've ever seen. Snow White is clearly cut out from the Blu cover, while the Dwarfs from the previous Platinum Edition and don't get me started on that tacky CG apple. To be honest, it looks like someone just photoshopped it. Simply dreadful.

Sure feels like Disney is trying to confuse consumers, a DVD, a Blu combo pack, premium editions... and that's ignoring the rumors of more.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 15th, 2009, 3:30 pm

I like Snow White and the concept but the apple and the Dwarfs looks bad,I"m confused-There's a DVD with Blu-Ray disc and a Blu-Ray disc with a DVD? although that the DVD with Blu-Ray disc sounds tempting.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2009, 5:11 pm

UGH! Horrible cover art.

YAY! Lovely boxed set...the big one will be mine...!! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 15th, 2009, 11:35 pm

Ya don't suppose that Dis would send us a review copy of that big box, eh?

No, likely not.

Man, that looks like a nice set. But I doubt that I'll be buying it. I (and Ben, and some of the others on this board) have similar goodies in the laserdisc box already. The price on this one is a little rich for me.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 15th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Uh, I think I'll get the cheap set!

Pass on the deluxe cardboard editions.

The LD set had real extras that weren't limited to pins.

Plushies are nice but strictly for kids.

I wouldn't have minded a decent mini-maquette set of the Dwarfs or a reproduction of the special Oscar Shirley Temple gave to Walt Disney for Snow White!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 16th, 2009, 1:52 am

The only thing that bothered me with the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs laserdisc boxed set was that the hardcover book was a reprint of an existing 'making of' book which I'd already had for several years, just with a different dustjacket on the cover. :?

As opposed to the hardcover book included with Cinderella, which was published especially for the deluxe laserdisc set .. and has, AFAIK, not yet been commercially-available on its own.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2009, 11:31 am

I have to say that I felt Snow White was being pushed out with little to no fanfare. Just, y'know, Walt's old movie on Blu-ray, no-one really cares about that, ho-hum.

So I'm thrilled that it's being honored with these kinds of sets. I'll keep looking and nearer the time decide on which to go for, but it's just nice seeing the options and that they are doing <I>something</I> special to mark the release.

I agree the price is well over the top, but hopefully it'll be under $200 when the time comes. And if it is offered for review, <I>it's mine Rand</I>! ;)

I am going to be sorely tempted though...if it had just been the DVD edition I would have passed, but a special set like that for the BD!? Very tough to refuse outright. It's the new book that's doing it for me.

Droo...I was pleased to have Hollis and Sibley's book in the LD set. It was one of the most borrowed books I took from the library and out of print when I went to buy, so it was great to finally get my own copy in that set. Always nice to have a well-worn reading copy and a pristine edition though, right? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 17th, 2009, 11:13 am

They should make the slip cover of the DVD version like a book,like they did with Cinderella and the Blu-Ray version of Sleeping Beauty (I have the Cinderella PE and it's R1 but it didn't came with a slip cover).

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 17th, 2009, 12:11 pm

No comments on my idea for a Snow White Oscar maquette replica?

That'd be something neat I'd snatch in an instant if they offered it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2009, 2:11 pm

I think there would be added complications with licensing the Oscar likeness from AMPAS, so it's probably a no-go even if it was ever considered. Nice idea, but sorry George.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » April 17th, 2009, 4:53 pm

the academy is very very protective of Oscar and his likeness.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 18th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Yah.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 20th, 2009, 8:58 am

Wait,the DVD with Blu-Ray will be released in October or November? this is so silly,I guess they want to promote the Blu-Ray more but it's not right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 20th, 2009, 9:04 am

If not Oscar then at least a slipcover that opens like a book,like Cinderella PE and Sleeping Beauty Blu-Ray.