AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 17th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Yeah, but that's Region 2 PAL :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a glitch dvd review

Post by David » August 19th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Reviw of the UK edition which is practically identical to the R1. http://www.disneydatabase.com/forums/sh ... .php?t=479

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 20th, 2005, 4:49 am

The animation on this has looked good from the outset, and if there is any film that could seriously have a true sequel created for it, it would be Lilo And Stitch, which was an original property and therefore not bound by the usual happily ever after rules.

Even Tarzan could have had a legitimate, London-set sequel, but Tarzan II was not it.

Looking forward to L&S 2 though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » August 20th, 2005, 5:27 am

L&S2 looked really good and I think it really could have had a theatrical release.

BTW, this movie takes place before the TV series starts.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

lilo and stitch 2

Post by Phil » August 31st, 2005, 10:53 am

I bought Lilo & Stitch 2 yesterday and watched it last night with the family. We all enjoyed it, except that my wife was a little disappointed with the ending (more on that hidden below). The animation was great and the main characters were consistent. My only complaint is that some of the background given to minor characters conflicts with what has been shown in the TV series.
My wife's complaint about the ending is that after all the emphasis and suspense about the recharger, Stitch just woke up on his own without any explanation. I assumed that Lilo's love had recharged his molecules. (I was thinking of Beauty and the Beast during that scene.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by taguirre69 » August 31st, 2005, 9:35 pm

I believe that this was one of the best sequels that Disney has ever put on straigh to Home Video. the only problem I had with it was that it was too short, 68 minutes.

Otherwise I loved it.
We're dead! We're dead! We survived but we're dead!
-The Dash from The Incredibles

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Lilo & Stitch: Big Wave 2-Disc Edition

Post by Neal » December 20th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Remember that 2-Disc Special Edition DVD of Lilo & Stitch that the UK got but the US got shafted on?

Not anymore!

It's releasing March 24th, the same day as the BOLT DVD/Blu-ray.

Only Lilo's just a DVD release.

Cover:

As far as anyone can tell, it's the same exact release as the UK one - obviously the only exception being updated sneak peeks. Amazon has their pre-order page up.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 20th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Finally!

Here's more info from UD:
It's taken over six years and many unfulfilled rumors, but Region 1 is finally getting a two-disc DVD of Lilo & Stitch. Disney's last hit 2D-animated theatrical release will resurface in a 2-Disc Big Wave Edition on March 24, 2009, the same day that another major new animated Disney film is set to debut (more on that in about a month). Extras will include deleted scenes, music videos by A*Teens and The Hawaiian Chorus,
Lilo & Stitch Island Adventure Games, "DisneyPedia: Hawaii", "A Stitch in Time", and "much, much more!" That last component should include everything that's made it onto the film's internationally-available Special Editions.
A couple of days before my B-day, sweet. 8) I'll likely get it, though it is a shame there's no simultaneous Blu release... there's a double-dip waiting to happen, since I love L&S so much. Nice that it sounds like we'll get all the bonus material from the international releases - as it should be!

This also explains why Disney is trying to unload extra copies of the single disc through that Tin offer from DMC.

Also, here's our previous thread - look how long it took, tisk, tisk Disney.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 20th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Crap... I searched for an original thread and kept coming up with Leroy & Stitch related threads.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 21st, 2008, 6:32 am

Well, it's about time. I've held off on buying this movie all these years, waiting for this announcement. It's left a hole in my collection, as the only Disney animated film I didn't have.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 21st, 2008, 10:20 am

I hope the extras don't get edited and that we actually see the Disney Florida studio as it was before it closed.

That's my concern -- that the extras got edited after all this time...!

In case this edition DOES not make it (once again!), the Japanese edition of it is still available through some online stores.

It's already so late that I wonder why Disney isn't doing a Blu-Ray version of it already.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 21st, 2008, 10:38 am

Oh,whould Disney stop re-releasing a film every month?.
It sounds good (Thought the cover is lame) but they"re re-release a movie every month.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 21st, 2008, 12:18 pm

Hey, I like them doing that!

I only decided to collect all the DACs a year ago. Many were vaulted and OOP. It's been tough to get them all. But these re-releases are helping me do that.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 21st, 2008, 1:42 pm

Besides, this Lilo & Stitch disc has been promised for years already.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 21st, 2008, 2:07 pm

Getting a bit redunant (sorry!),

I repeat my point in that I don't understand why Disney doesn't just release a Blu-Ray version at the same as the elusive 2-disc R1 edition...

Oh well, if it falls through again at least I have a source for the Japanese edition which is identical to the other 2-disc editions!