Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by EricJ » May 1st, 2014, 11:19 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Let It Go in Hebrew
"Oy, who needs the hassle?...It's not like the cold ever bothered me anyway!" ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 2nd, 2014, 7:49 am

That's more like Yiddish. Hebrew expressions are somewhat different. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2014, 12:53 pm

Any other Dads going out of their minds playing this song over and over for their girls?

http://youtu.be/3Ud6B_NXoNc

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 3rd, 2014, 3:36 pm

Among Disney theme park fans, the running joke is that the lines to meet the characters have now literally become three to four hours long in the last few weeks, with the benefit that nearly half the daily park guests aren't anywhere else but in line.
Which has now become a battle cry of pride among the fans of the other attractions that USED to get long lines, and who can keep their fan-priorities straight: "Stay in line, suckers! - Signed, Space Mountain fans." ;)

Not all animation fans find this a good thing, though:
https://twitter.com/DoAsDreamersDo/stat ... 28/photo/1
:cry:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 3rd, 2014, 7:27 pm

Pretty good.

You realize, Ben, that I then spent a half-hour watching Frozen videos with my boy? Wow, there are a lot on there.

Regardless of what one thinks of Frozen, isn't it AWESOME to see a Disney film and song strike such a chord with people? For the first time in forever? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 3rd, 2014, 9:13 pm

It would be if it weren't this particular film. Thankfully, last I heard, Disney's backing off from doing any sequels. While we'll probably never know for certain, I strongly suspect the animators gave an emphatic "no" to the idea and the higher-ups had no choice but to let it go (after all, what were they gonna do? Fire everyone and train a whole new animation staff?).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 3rd, 2014, 10:02 pm

And y'see, that's the part I can't figure out: :?

Every Frozie (no, seriously, what's the nickname, they gotta have one by now) is drooling and fan-fictioning over the idea of a "Frozen sequel", LITERALLY for no other reason than the status symbol of saying the movie had finally "scored" one, and given all the fans their lil' personal validation.
Uh, but excuse me?--Last time, before I got up, everyone was railing against Disney for making a lot of "cheap unnecessary sequels", and that we "didn't need to know what happened after Happily Ever"? And then we started saying the most nasty, evil things about Pixar, thinking that they had "sold out" their fine storytelling quality to the "Hollywood corporate machine", and become "lazy" by doing nothing but making sequels just to "wring more profit" out of existing hits?

(Oh, but if it's a movie you like, it's okay if Disney makes unnecessary fairytale sequels for no other reason than to exploit success? :roll:
Double Standard's a b***h, folks--If you get your Frozen 2, the rest of us get our Cars 3.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 3rd, 2014, 10:10 pm

This forum really needs a "like" button.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 3rd, 2014, 11:04 pm

Well said Eric. Did I just type that. I honestly cannot think of a single story idea that would justify another a visit to this world. The only ones I can think of a very contrived and ridiculous. Maybe they can rescue Marshmallow or have an expedition to resue Elsa's crown from Marshmallow. I would also imagine the sequel would feel the need to destroy Hans character even more

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 3rd, 2014, 11:22 pm

Every fan-fiction sequel I've seen goes completely off the Sister and/or Hans Christian Andersen themes, and tries to go into some idea of high-fantasy drama (maybe there's some lost country of other people with frozen powers! Maybe Anna awakens to her fire powers!) The closest thing to a convincing (ehhh...) fan-fakie I'd seen that even approached vidquel-plot level was "(Insert hottie-boy actor here) is Dylan, the Snow King!" And presumably that would test Anna's "sister" relationship to the breaking point, etc., etc.

But listening to those, it just keeps sounding like Tolkien, when he wrote on all the fan letters asking whether he was going to do a sequel to Lord of the Rings--Okay, he could have Aragorn as the new king, fighting a new threat to his kingdom, but...what would be the point? That's not what the original was about!
The point of fantasy is that a story can have the end it earns, and it's only true fans of a story who can show the discipline and the sacrifice to the story to recognize that.
As for what everyone else wants, however...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 4th, 2014, 4:28 am

A prequel with the Trolls! Let's explain just what THAT was all about!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 4th, 2014, 2:21 pm

A Frozen sequel is definitely going to happen, in one form or another. At the very least, we're going get a holiday special or two.

Seriously, Disney may claim there have been "no discussions" regarding a Frozen 2...but a movie doesn't make this kind of money without someone bringing up a sequel. Also, the ending was pretty open, as these things go. So no complaints from me if another one is made.

And yes, it is great to see a Disney movie having this kind of relevance again...no matter how much certain people may want us to think it's "not really happening." ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 4th, 2014, 4:34 pm

With Frozen continuing to pull in strong numbers internationally, some are looking at the chance it might overtake Iron Man 3 to become the fifth highest grossing film of all-time world-wide.

As it stands, Frozen is projected to sit at $1.169 billion after today. Iron Man 3 grossed $1.215, which means Frozen will need to gross around $46 million to break the top five.

There is belief that this could happen, particularly after Frozen had it's strongest weekend in Japan to-date with $11.1 million this weekend, adding to the $143.2 million it has grossed so far in eight weeks over there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 4th, 2014, 4:40 pm

EricJ wrote:Maybe Anna awakens to her fire powers!
Actually -- up until halfway through watching Frozen in the theater for the first time -- I'd assumed this would happen, and/or figure into resolving the issue of Elsa's snow powers. Mainly because everything about Elsa's character/costume design cries, "COLD!!" while Anna's design screams "WARM!!" ..

Dacey wrote:A Frozen sequel is definitely going to happen, in one form or another. At the very least, we're going get a holiday special or two.
.. or, perhaps a 'sequel short', like Tangled Ever After.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 4th, 2014, 4:51 pm

I can definitely deal with sequel shorts, or those Toy Story ones that get dumped on TV.