Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 15th, 2005, 10:20 am

Unless Sullivan works for Disney, i would doubt there will be much on the Chicken Little DVD about its "storied history". Classic example is The Emperor's New Groove DVD. They only mention in passing that it once had a different title. As if that was the biggest change that movie went through!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 15th, 2005, 11:57 pm

Ben wrote: Yeah, I was jumping to conclusions, but educated conclusions. It's very rare that fully animated scenes are cut from an animated movie.
I wouldn't agree with that.

I also wouldn't agree with the idea that Disney was nervous about CL. They seem about as un-nervous as you can be.

Hint: When they're nervous about a movie, they don't spend a lot to promote it.

They showed a lot, a LOT of confidence.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Hint: when they're desperate, they spend a lot to promote it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 16th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Again with The Emperor's New Groove as an example, Disney was nervous about that film and did not promote it properly before it opened. But with Chicken Little, no matter how nervous they were (and I believe they were very nervous!) they had no choice. Not only did Disney have to prove (to themselves and the press at least) that they did the right thing in dumping traditional animation and turning WDFA on its head to do so, the Pixar negotiations were also at stake. Disney had to promote the heck out of this film, regardless of their feelings about how it would perform.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 16th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Do you think Mark Dindal is going to make a movie with disney again. like chicken little 2 or just a whole other movie. i really like hes movies.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 16th, 2005, 1:29 pm

i think you guys talking about this. but how is the 3D in chicken little. is it really that great like everybody says.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 16th, 2005, 3:56 pm

Anyone else seen it in Disney Digital 3D?

I've heard people say that after HD becomes the norm that 3D will be the next big thing. I always thought that was silly. 3D won't ever become more than a gimmick. I may have been wrong! IMAX 3D in amazing. Snow looks like it is right in front of you and things really pop off the screen. Disney Digital 3D has that too, but DD3D does more. DD3D gives the film depth. Instead of things looking like they are coming off the front of the screen, it looks like things are actually behind where the screen is supposed to be. Also, unlike IMAX which sometimes makes your eyes fatigue, DD3D does not strain the eyes at all. Most importantly, unlike IMAX 3D where the 3D is so spectacular it takes you out of the fantasy of the film, DD3D is much more natural and subtle and after a few minutes you forget about the technology.

Disney could have something big here.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 17th, 2005, 5:42 pm

I haven't read through the whole read. But let me just say that I thought "Chicken Little" was really, really cute. I loved the sci-fi storyline.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 17th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Yes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 20th, 2005, 12:31 am

it is so funny on the main page of this site they say chicken little fell at the box office. so jeap it is like there glad it fell. disney haters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 20th, 2005, 9:28 am

What? Sorry, can't understand what you're trying to say.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 20th, 2005, 12:51 pm

thats ok :cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 20th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Chicken Little made $14.7 million in the face of Harry Potter, dropping 53%. Wich is not bad at all. It will most likely not drop next weekend considering it's thanksgiving, so it is still going quit well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Chicken Little's 3rd Weekend B.O. Figures

Post by askmike1 » November 20th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Chicken Little has made an estimated $14,769,000 this weekend. This would place place it's total cume so far at $99,151,000. (Do note that these figures could and should change up to +/- a million dollars)

The main reason it took a 53% drop this weekend was because of the beemoth that is otherwise known as Harry Potter (which made a record-breaking $101.4 million). Also keep in mind that similar films (like The Incredibles, Shrek 2 & Monsters Inc) also took 50% drops in their 3rd weekends.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 20th, 2005, 3:14 pm

No matter how you look at it, "Chicken Little" is doing very well.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."