X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men: First Class

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Hey Dacey: :wink:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... st-to-fix/

The Last Stand's Mistakes: completely agree with everything.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 27th, 2014, 5:05 pm

And I agree with absolutely none of it. ;)

Seriously, the "comic book Rouge" is never going to show up until Fox completely reboots the franchise (again). That's just not who Anna Paquin's take on the character is. Making her a "sass mouth" would be extremely out of character for her in the movie universe at this point.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 27th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Anna Paquin was soooooooo miscast.

And I do agree with most of those mistakes in the article. The worst thing was killing off most of the main characters. It could all work out well, though, if DOFP actually manages to be great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 27th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Except that by keeping ANY elements from the original series, they've completely screwed things up. If Singer wanted to "fix" things (which didn't need to be fixed in the first place), he should have ignored the previous five films entirely and made DOFP exclusively a sequel to First Class. Due to the huge amount of contradictions and inconsistencies, both major and minor, that First Class had, it is literally impossible to link the two versions like they're doing and have it make ANY sense AT ALL. Movies are NOT the same as comics. You CANNOT simply retcon certain portions (and only certain portions) of previous films out of existence and pretend they don't exist. Either you acknowledge EVERYTHING that came before and follow up on it (as most sequels do) or you completely ignore the films you don't like and do an alternate that overwrites them (as Singer did with Superman Returns). Pick one.
Last edited by eddievalient on April 27th, 2014, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 27th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Unfortunately, Singer thinks he can have it both ways. He wants to have his (beef)cake and eat it, too.

Did I go to far with that one? ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Nah, I liked it.

If Singer didn't like how X3 turned out then maybe he shouldn't have jumped ship and made an evil Superman movie. He'd have been better off keeping his hands on his own franchise and having it on track: he wouldn't have to be messing around trying to tie two alternative X worlds together and "fixing" "mistakes", and we wouldn't have been subjected to a franchise-destroying character assassination!

If only he could go back to his own days of future past...in more ways than one! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Scar » April 28th, 2014, 6:32 pm

What about Del Toro directing an X-men film? I enjoyed Hell Boy and Pacific Rim a lot. I don't know how knowledgeable he is about X-men but he does seem to be a big sci-fi and comic book geek.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 28th, 2014, 8:59 pm

He'd do fine, but I'd rather see him tackle his own projects first.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 30th, 2014, 9:33 am

PG-13 rating finally issued: for violence, language and some nudity:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=117688

(Some language in comments)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 1st, 2014, 1:42 am

Yeah, well, Mystique is like always naked, so... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 1st, 2014, 3:40 pm

Found out on Yahoo that the film is actually 2 hours 10 minutes...that's pretty long for a superhero film. :? Not that I'm complaining, I'm definitely a fan of longer films. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2014, 6:50 pm

I'd say that is pretty average nowadays, and quite short considering 2:10 was the average length of movies in the 1990s.

Longer running times aren't always a good thing, Vi: Amazing Spidey 2 clocks in at near two and a half hours, and sometimes feels it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 1st, 2014, 7:55 pm

LOL. :) I have no interest in the new Spidey films...I actually hope they end up rebooting it again. ;)

Way too flashy, nothing really new.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 7th, 2014, 12:04 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 8th, 2014, 8:08 am

Well...since they took a certain director's name off the promo materials! ;)