Yogi Bear (live action)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 7th, 2008, 8:18 am

We know that Yogi's First Christmas is being looked at for release too. Yessir, there'll definitely be some more Yogi on disc around this release.

Brannon was involved at Pixar, if I'm not mistaken (and without checking up), wasn't he?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 7th, 2008, 9:35 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 7th, 2008, 4:23 pm

droosan wrote:Warner Bros has also placed Ash Brannon, a very talented director with a strong animation background, in charge of the Yogi Bear movie .. so there is actually a chance the storytelling might be good. :!:
Brannon's one of the Lost Pixar Refugees, who fled the borders for the Sony havens (see also Roger Allers and Jill Culton of "Open Season"), back when it didn't look like there might be a Disney or a Pixar anymore...
Bring all the wandering MIA home! :cry:

And just for the record, Yogi's own series was complete on disk, but believe there's still another chunk of the early shorts on Huck's second season...Either way, we still have some Pixie & Dixie to finsih up.
And Warner's story is that Quick Draw is in too bad shape to work on, and they're sticking to it for the moment.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 7th, 2008, 4:33 pm

EricJ wrote:Brannon's one of the Lost Pixar Refugees, who fled the borders for the Sony havens (see also Roger Allers and Jill Culton of "Open Season"), back when it didn't look like there might be a Disney or a Pixar anymore... Bring all the wandering MIA home!
Or... Banish the non-believing naysayers <I>forever!</I> ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 20th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Ben wrote:We know that Yogi's First Christmas is being looked at for release too. Yessir, there'll definitely be some more Yogi on disc around this release.
I wouldn't mind seeing some of H-B's tv movies on dvd. "First Christmas" used to get an annual viewing at my house when my sisters and I were growing up, and even the more ridiculous ones ("Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears", anyone?) are enjoyable in their own way. I've still never had a chance to see "Yogi's Great Escape" or "Rockin' with Judy Jetson".
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » November 3rd, 2008, 8:54 pm

What would Hanna-barbara thing of this???

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 3rd, 2008, 10:42 pm

Consider that both Hanna and Barbera were highly cooperative -- and collaborative -- with the 1994 live-action feature film of The Flintstones .. and ('on the record', at least) were quite happy with how it had turned out. Both were reportedly eager to get a live-action version of The Jetsons off-the-ground, as well .. but that project 'fizzled-out' after spending many years in development. Joe Barbera was consulted often during the production of the live-action Scooby Doo movies, and was said to be quite happy with what he saw.

Limited animation was certainly the 'bread-and-butter' of the H-B studio's trade, but both men had also delved into 'live-action' story-telling on occasion -- such the feature film C.H.O.M.P.S., the Danger Island segments from The Banana Splits Show, as well as a number of 'made-for-TV' movies & specials (most of which were pretty terrible & forgettable, IMO). They had 'been there, done that' with all of their properties in the cartoon medium -- on TV, film, and even DTV -- and, in their later years, certainly seemed to be looking toward live-action feature treatments as the 'next level'.

Yogi Bear was one of H-B's most popular (and, arguably, most 'over-used') characters. Had today's CG animation & compositing technology been available 10-15 years ago, I believe both Bill and Joe might've practically 'insisted' this movie be made.

Not that I'm necessarily suggesting that makes it the 'right' thing to do! :wink:

But -- as I did say on the previous page of this thread -- at least, Warner Bros seems to have put the 'right' person in charge of the project. I, for one, am looking forward to this.

American_dog_2008

Yogi Bear movie!

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 16th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Do we need a Yogi Bear live action/CGI movie?

http://www.mania.com/yogi-bear-hitting- ... 10283.html

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 16th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Not really, and we don't need a new thread on it either! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 16th, 2008, 8:38 pm

I didnt enjoy Alvin and the chipmunks, This has the words Bomb, and Non creative written all over it. And I though John K's take on yogi bear was bad.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 17th, 2008, 2:50 am

I couldn't even remember this thread! :D