Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 10th, 2005, 5:02 am

I've seen like 5 different trailers now, but the Japanese one, where they show the emotional side of the film, is by far the best. Shows, with the mother being dead and the father 'never there for him' that evethough it's CGI it's old school Disney. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 10th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Bleh, I'm still more excited about Disney's other upcoming films (Rupunzel in particular). I mean, don't get me wrong, this looks cute an' all...but...really, that's it. Just cute.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 10th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Meg wrote:Bleh, I'm still more excited about Disney's other upcoming films (Rupunzel in particular). I mean, don't get me wrong, this looks cute an' all...but...really, that's it. Just cute.
You've summed up my thoughts. Chicken Little looks like a fun movie, yet nothing more. Rapunzel Unbraided, however, interests me more for sentimental reasons. Ever since I was enchanted by seeing The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast around the ages of four, I've always wanted Disney to make a film based on "Rapunzel", and my wish is coming true at last, and in what looks like an interesting way, and with what looks like a lush visual style. Let's hope that it'll be a 2:35:1 production like Sleeping Beauty to let the pontentially beautiful art shine.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 11th, 2005, 11:07 am

From what I've seen from Rupunzel, it looks gorgeous. I still can't beleive that this...

...is CGI. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 11th, 2005, 12:06 pm

I know, that thing is a beauty. It seems to remind me of Aurora in the forest singing "Once Upon a Dream" with the animals, which seems to make me want to see Rapunzel become a scope production in the same way that Sleeping Beauty was.

As for that CGI image; well, I heard that the process being used for this movie is supposed to reflect paintings, so no wonder it shines with beauty.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » August 12th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Ummm...yeah. Well that trailer definately was weird. (For some reason, I was expecting him to say "I'm Loving It" at the end)

Out of all the teasers I've seen (trailers that really have nothing to do with what the movie is about), I still like the "press" one better.

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Mark Dindal and Randy Fullmer Interview - Chicken Little

Post by harkin » August 26th, 2005, 1:16 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2005, 7:12 pm

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I don't think 2D is dead, especially internationally, though the big Hollywood studios can only see CGI green in front of their faces.

But all the successful CGI films have one thing in common - they are all comedies. It's not one thing that we be subjected JUST to CGI films, but that they all "have" to be broad comedies is the lousy part.

Mind you, Dindal's "Black and white movies are still made, but most of them are color" comment surely places him on the Eisner side of shutting down the 2D department, or maybe he's just toeing the company line.

The "Adam West movie-in-a-movie" things ounds fun though, a bit like Pee Wee's Big Adventure...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 3rd, 2005, 5:11 pm

As good as Valiant sounds, I don't think Disney should have placed their "Walt Disney Pictures" label on it. With Chicken Little on the way, I think a lot of people will be confused by this one. They will probably this movie is the first CGI feature of Disney and not Chicken Little. To make it short --> A lot of confusion. If Valiant bombs in box offices, I don't think Chicken Little will do well.
I really hope that this isn't true! :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 3rd, 2005, 10:13 pm

I doubt that many people will even remember Valiant by November. Even if they do, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles, all also with the 'Walt Disney Pictures' label, will still probably be just as present in their minds, if not more.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 4th, 2005, 8:38 pm

Zorro really hasn't been big for decades now. The character's biggest moment in the sun was the Guy Williams' Disney TV series and that was the late 1950s! Given a choice between a B-level actor in a film about a half-forgotten character or a CGI paranoid chick, I think the chick's going to get the bigger part of the box office opening weekend.
I agree. I wasn't too impressed with the Zorro 2 trailer (I thought the jokes were really lame.)

Plus with Batman Begins' success, and all his high-tech gadgets, (not to mention the technical wizardry of Sith) what 21st-century kid is going to be impressed with a guy on horseback who rides around waving an old-fashioned sword?? (That's similar to the argument, which I think is valid, about why Indy IV might have a hard time playing to today's kids.)

That's just my opinion. I really think CL has a pretty good shot. Even with Wallace and Gromit probably still playing in some theaters by November (it comes out in late September/early October I think) CL will find its audience. W &G will be liked by kids but like Chicken Run it's aimed at parents too. CL is more squarely aimed at the under-12 set.
Not that adults can't appreciate it too of course. BTW, just for the record, I think this film has been six years in the making. (I could be wrong, just my estimate.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 4th, 2005, 8:49 pm

I don't know about CL's success...So far, I've heard some pretty negative responses from most people.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 4th, 2005, 8:56 pm

Here's something to show how most folk feel about Disney nowadays (it also prooves 98% of poeple think Valiant is Disneys , and only Disneys, first CGI film):

http://www.livejournal.com/users/binsybaby/309460.html

Yikes. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 4th, 2005, 9:04 pm

From the posts, it seems like people aren't just getting disenchanted with Disney but with 3d too.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 4th, 2005, 10:42 pm

I have seen reviews that claimed Ice Age and Monsters, Inc. to be solely Disney films. If they were responsible for Lilo & Stitch grossing about $145 million domestically, then what was responsible for Treasure Planet, having arrived directly after these three critically acclaimed films, making only around $30 million?

I believe audiences are mostly concerned with films on a movie-by-movie basis, to a certain extent. Marketing has a lot to do with how a film does on opening weekend; quality - or how much the film delivers of what audiences want - has a lot to do with how a film continues after that.

Of course, those are just my beliefs. I am not claiming them as facts in any way.