The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 12th, 2008, 1:18 am

That's a long time to wait, it might as well be released in 2010. :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 12th, 2008, 3:06 pm

Don't get some of the posts here - we displayed the new Tiana last week, and have been talking about the Christmas Day release in another thread.

It's pretty cool that good old Disney animation is back to its Christmas feel again! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by REINIER » April 13th, 2008, 6:11 am

Ben wrote:Don't get some of the posts here - we displayed the new Tiana last week, and have been talking about the Christmas Day release in another thread.

It's pretty cool that good old Disney animation is back to its Christmas feel again! :)
Coulden't agree more Ben 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Princess Tiana

Post by Dusterian » April 13th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Ben wrote:Don't get some of the posts here - we displayed the new Tiana last week,
Could you please direct me to where you first revealed it?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2008, 6:54 am

I'm sure your own search will reveal all! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Princess Tiana

Post by Dusterian » April 14th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Ben wrote:I'm sure your own search will reveal all! :)
I already searched before I asked. Didn't find anything I hadn't already seen of Tiana, and I still don't know what you meant by you showed it last week. The search button for the main page doesn't work for me, and I searched the archives all the way to the beginning of March and still didn't find it.

Please, can you direct me to where you first revealed it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 14th, 2008, 3:49 pm

www.animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=15

Here ya go. James posted several images.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » April 15th, 2008, 11:11 am

Thank you, but I saw that before, too. I think I got confused and thought it would be like something else, like a big front page announcement I missed. Sorry.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 16th, 2008, 2:02 pm

That pic you posted looks to be the exact picture I cropped and posted last week. Did you find your pic somewhere else? Just like to keep up on what other websites use us as a source.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Princess Tiana

Post by Dusterian » April 16th, 2008, 9:03 pm

No. You see, Ben said he didn't understand why people were still talking about the picture when he revealed it in another thread. I thought he revealed it on the front page and it was a more announced piece of news. Sorry.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Actually, it was "a more announced piece of news", by way of links from this front page story:
http://www.animated-news.com/2008/disne ... ough-2012/

My utterings were why, after the images had appeared in the other thread, why they were being published here "as new". That's all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 17th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Why the original name was Frog Princess?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Because that was the name of the original fairytale. Please do try to keep up! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 18th, 2008, 3:12 am

The original tale is Frog Prince :? and it's now Princess and the Frog,then why had that name? she was supposed to be the frog?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Princess and the Frog

Post by Dusterian » April 18th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Well, I first heard of The Frog Princess as " a female spin" on the fairy tale The Frog Prince. Here is the concept for the logo when this was what they were going to do. If you look closely, you can see two green frogs sitting next to each other. One was probably the prince, the other the princess:

Some people said it was based on a fairy tale of the same name, The Frog Princess, from Russia, but I really don't think so.

Now, it's called the Princess and the Frog, which I think is an alternate title for The Frog Prince, because that story is indeed about a Princess who meets a frog. And since you don't find out the frog is a prince until the end of the story, maybe they're going for a spoiler-free title.

I wish it was more about the frog and how he got cursed and tried to lift the curse so that we would have a Disney Prince movie instead of purposely trying for a Disney Princess movie, but it does sound like they believe they have created something too good not to make.