Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2006, 6:34 pm

I bet that had he stayed any longer, he would have got fired)
I think even well before the Pixar-merger thing, there were rumors that he was going to be let go.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I love how JH twists his story around (again!) so that he's not "wrong".

"A very interesting time to be making your living writing about the Walt Disney Company" - how the heck does he get paid to write this stuff??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2006, 10:13 pm

He gets paid?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 7th, 2006, 11:11 pm

You might be amazed at how much Hill earns from his ads. I read of one guy who received a six-figure sum each year from the ads his blogs contained.

Then again, Hill might not be referring to anything like that. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2006, 2:18 am

Hmmmm....maybe I should start an animation blog. :wink: :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 8th, 2006, 2:32 am

Mickey wrote:I read of one guy who received a six-figure sum each year from the ads his blogs contained.
It's worth noting that the blogs weren't movie-related. Instead, many of them dealt with reviews and recommendations for electronics. Also, they were much bigger than the average blog.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 8th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Ben wrote:I love how JH twists his story around (again!) so that he's not "wrong".

"A very interesting time to be making your living writing about the Walt Disney Company" - how the heck does he get paid to write this stuff??
he's insane.

check out today's rant, uh I mean "article"

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... /4797.aspx

Since when does a movie have to earn 3 times its production costs to break even? It has always been mentioned as 2 times. And it seriously feels like he's making up the north of $600 million budget.

Worldwide, this film will become one of the 3 films to make more than 1 billion (right behind Return of the King and Titanic) and it will probaply make the same amount from worldwide dvd sales and rentals.

I highly doubt it will take a good few years before the sequel project will break even. Even if what he says is true, At World's End will be all profit.

Sorry to get off topic, just trying to point out this guy is not only nutts, he makes stuff up to piss off Disney. Is he a rejected animator or something?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Man, that article sucks!

No studo exec would be insane enough to let something like this keep building and building.

The combined cost on Pirates 2 and 3 is $400m MAX. Prints and marketing will push this by $200m for both. That's $600m, which Pirates 2 has earnt back. Cut in two for the theater chains to have their feed and this still means Disney has gotten back close to $400m on Pirates 2 alone.

Releasing Pirates 3 next year, which will undoubtedly be a HUGE hit film, means that film will go into the black after $100-150m, or approximately one week's worth of business.

Both films will be making profit by the time they come out on DVD, and that's not counting TV sales (which often cover at least half the total budget up front anyway in pre-sales...I know Disney was pushing Pirates 2 for TV as far back as October last year at MIP-TV).

Waste of time reading that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 9th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Ben wrote:Man, that article sucks!

No studo exec would be insane enough to let something like this keep building and building.

The combined cost on Pirates 2 and 3 is $400m MAX. Prints and marketing will push this by $200m for both. That's $600m, which Pirates 2 has earnt back. Cut in two for the theater chains to have their feed and this still means Disney has gotten back close to $400m on Pirates 2 alone.

Releasing Pirates 3 next year, which will undoubtedly be a HUGE hit film, means that film will go into the black after $100-150m, or approximately one week's worth of business.

Both films will be making profit by the time they come out on DVD, and that's not counting TV sales (which often cover at least half the total budget up front anyway in pre-sales...I know Disney was pushing Pirates 2 for TV as far back as October last year at MIP-TV).

Waste of time reading that.
amen

plus, mr Hill is being proven wrong by Disney's quarterly earning, wich are amazing obviously

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060809/bs ... 0809144609

Cars merchandise boosts WD consumer products profits by 6%. This film is a huge hit in multiple areas of the company.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 11th, 2006, 12:16 am

Really cool images on the front page, but seeing that fat kid I hope they don't resort to those kinds of jokes like in Monster House and Chicken Little. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 29th, 2006, 9:11 pm

According to the TAG blog work is progressing on the film; there will be new shorts produced for future Disney releases but Robinsons will definetely have a classic short playing with it! :) (don't know which one yet.)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... isney.html

(I wonder if it will be a a Walt-era short, Prince and the Pauper, Runaway Brain or one of the Pixar ones?) :?:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 29th, 2006, 10:26 pm

I wonder if "OFF HIS ROCKERS" will finally be seen by a wider audience! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 5th, 2006, 3:49 am

New images from JHM! :)

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... /5574.aspx

(That giant spider kind of reminds me of the Omniroid :P )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 5th, 2006, 7:07 am

Woo, teh sweetness! This is looking more and more interesting with each new pic I see. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » September 5th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Glad folks are excited!