Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 23rd, 2005, 3:13 pm

just wanted to say that chicken little hit the 100 million yesterday. that has not happing in a long time for disney. lilo and stitch hit 100 million. and that was a hit. looks like disney has a new hit.

AV Team
AV Team

Alternate Plot for Chicken Little

Post by Dacey » December 1st, 2005, 6:31 pm

Taken from a synopsis that's still up at imdb.com:

A chick's hyper-active imagination lands him in some pretty hot water with his hometown. To help him overcome his particular setback, the community has him shipped off to Camp Yes-U-Can, where he stumbles upon a secret, evil plan concocted by his counselors

So, was this the original plot? Or did Imdb just make that up? Or what?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 1st, 2005, 7:29 pm

It's IMDB.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » December 1st, 2005, 8:37 pm

Wendy's right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » December 1st, 2005, 8:52 pm

It doesn't matter it's the same letters capitalized. :)
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2005, 9:21 pm

Wow that's pretty interesting. I'm sure I've read this description before somewhere.

It might have been an earlier draft of the script or something. This movie's been in production for four years.

A lot of animated films have alternate plots. Like that whole thing with Aladdin and his mother. Plus in the original Lion King there was supposed to be a whole lot more plot exposition of how Scar took over the Pride Lands and imprisoned everyone, but it was too dark.

Aladdin had all this stuff at the end with Jafar making his third wish that he had ALWAYS been
the Sultan, thus changing all of Agrabah into a darker place. But it was declared too "science-fictiony."

I also think Aladdin originally had to prove himself as a prince through "tests" of his power in front of the Sultan, with very very complicated animtion sequences which were eventually all thrown out. I could be wrong though, just what I've read.

There were also supposed to be two Genies--a good Genie and an evil Genie--the Genie of the Lamp and the Genie of the Ring. Yep, it's true. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 1st, 2005, 9:37 pm

Zoltack wrote:It doesn't matter it's the same letters capitalized. :)
No, that's not what I meant. I meant that It's IMDB. All their information is user submitted. I wouldn't trust everything they have up there.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Alternate Plot for Chicken Little

Post by Josh » December 1st, 2005, 9:43 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:So, was this the original plot? Or did Imdb just make that up? Or what?
Yes, that was the film's original plot:
Jim Hill ([url]http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1187[/url]) wrote:Well, you have to understand that "Chicken Little" has already had to suffer through four full years of executive meddling. Which saw this movie's title character -- thanks to indecision on Michael Eisner's part -- go from being a boy to a girl to back to being a boy again. And let's not even talk about the first version of this motion picture -- which had Estelle Harris doing the voice of Chicken Little's mom and Penn Jillete doing the voice of the Wolf-in-sheep's-clothing -- which has CL uncovering a horrible plot at Camp Yes-We-Can.
Holly Hunter was going to be voice of the female Chicken Little, while Sean Hayes was going to be the voice of the character's original male version.

Hope this answers your question. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » December 1st, 2005, 10:40 pm

Macaluso wrote:No, that's not what I meant. I meant that It's IMDB. All their information is user submitted. I wouldn't trust everything they have up there.
Well of course not. I never thought that site was a credible movie source in the first place. But at least you get different people's opinion on various movies to see weather they're good or not.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 2nd, 2005, 9:04 am

That was ChickLit's SECOND plot (though the first one announced), after the original story was given a go (and found to be too short and lacking in action).

The Camp one would have seen the story transposed there, with CL meeting his friend characters there. Don't know what happened to that, but it must have changed to what we have now when CL became a boy again and they needed to amp the action and danger even more.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2005, 10:45 pm

Wow the making of this film is kind of fascinating in itself. I think something should be written on it. :wink:

After all it's the last animated film from the "Eisner era."
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 5th, 2005, 9:15 am

Actually, you could argue that it's the first film from the "Iger Era".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2005, 9:28 am

It's certainly not the last film from the Eisner era, as Mett The Robinsons, The Wild and American Dog will testify, since he's already has a lot of "input" into those projects.

True, they will also now be seen as Iger flicks too, since he will come in, or assign people, to look over it and shape it his way.

I think there are two or three films that could only be considered "crossover films" as the regime shifts.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 5th, 2005, 9:46 am

I don't know what to make of "Meet the Robinsons" and "American Dog", but "The Wild"? I have a bad feeling about that one.

I'm very excited about "Rapunzel". That's looking really good from what we've seen so far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » December 5th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Just for the record, "The Wild" is not being produced at Walt Disney Feature Animation.