Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » May 8th, 2008, 12:20 pm

that's even stupider. i was referring to the animated tv series. it reminds me of this abusive little blurb a guy did at ILM years back.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_pqwk-WkBc

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

clone wars trailer (or whatever the hell it is)

Post by spaz » May 27th, 2008, 1:12 pm

ok guys, who authorized the use of Pez candy dispensers to make a star wars movie ?. what an embarrassment. who the hell is running ILM now, Willie Wonka ?

spaz

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 29th, 2008, 2:20 am

Okay Spaz, we get it. You don't like the look of Clone Wars. Personally, I do like it. The prequels had problems, but I enjoyed all of them (Sith the most) and the trailers I've seen for Clone Wars look pretty good. I think it'll be an interesting story. What I'm REALLY interested in, though, is the live action Star Wars show that Lucas is working on. When do we get to see some footage of that?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » May 29th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Stars Wars "jumped the shark" during Return, in my view

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 29th, 2008, 1:51 pm

Jumped the Ewok, spaz? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » May 29th, 2008, 2:18 pm

better

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 29th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Jabba the Hutt (all 500 versions) jumped the Ewok.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » May 29th, 2008, 5:38 pm

agreed. Letteri and i were responsible for the 1st "jump" admittedly. it just got worse every version. now the latest version looks like the broad running the place.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 26th, 2008, 12:17 am

George put up the links to these some time ago, but unfortunately they were lost. :( However, they are now on YT! :)

Really funny. (mild language)

A New Hope:

Empire:

Return of the Jedi:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

The "lost" Star Wars story...

Post by GeorgeC » January 12th, 2009, 11:30 am

Once upon a time, a long time ago,

there used to be regular releases of albums on cassette or vinyl record that retold the stories of movies in a half hour. These accompanied books and were coined "Read-A-Long" stories. I used to own four of these --- The Black Hole and the original Star Wars trilogy.

In 1983 Buena Vista Records (yes, a division of Disney) released an original Star Wars story written by Brian Daley in its own read-a-long album. Daley had earlier written the radio adaptations of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes and later in life the radio adaptation of Return of the Jedi would be the final work he would complete before succumbing to cancer. Daley's original story elaborated upon an event mentioned in passing in The Empire Strikes Back movie -- an encounter Han and friends had with a bountry hunter (NOT Boba Fett) on the world of Ord Mantell.

This half-hour story, titled "Star Wars: Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell," was released in a book set with vinyl record or cassette and has been out-of-print for over 20 years.

TheForce.Net website hosts an mp3 (downloadable and already on my iPod!) recording of this album plus images of the cover to the acccompanying book.

Enjoy the lost adventure unveiled!

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/misc/ ... a-1983.asp

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 12th, 2009, 11:31 am

Gee,

I find neat stuff once in a while, don't I? :wink:

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 12th, 2009, 2:19 pm

Those were the days!

And now I can't find them in the second hand stores!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 12th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Methinks this topic would fit nicely into this thread.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 12th, 2009, 7:27 pm

I've got that record! No joke! It didn't come with a book, though, just the record in an appropriately "Star Wars"ish sleeve. But the joke's on me, I don't have a working record player since my old one died, so I haven't been able to hear it.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 12th, 2009, 8:20 pm

Neat-o. I still have a Peter Pan records one of Superman, which told his origin. Also, you can see all the Star Trek ones done (by Power Records, I think) on the new Star Trek comics DVD-ROM.

I'd love to collect a bunch of old records like this.