Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 11th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Oh sounds like there is going to be some good content on it. I love deleted scenes and alternate songs and parts to the movie. ^.^ I hope there isn't too much extra stuff on the blu ray version as opposed to the dvd release. That would make me really sad.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 12th, 2008, 3:02 am

My personal favorite feature would be an alternate ending. I love it when DVD's offer that, since if I don't like an ending, I can pretend the alternate is the real one.

This just in from Blu-Ray.com: Enchanted will be released in stores on March 18, 2008. Yay!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 12th, 2008, 6:07 am

Sounds nice :D.
Alternate ending? (the alternate ending from The Little Mermaid was bad),i think i heard somewhere that it's about Edward helping Giselle or something and they decided to change it,the alternate opening sounds great :D.
How many discs does the US DVD have? where i live it has one disc.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 12th, 2008, 8:26 am

Extras list for the DVD/Blu-ray:

"Extras announced so far include a suite of three making-of featurettes, deleted scenes and outtakes. Exclusive to the next-gen version will be the interactive BD-Java game "D-Files.""

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... u-ray/1363

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 12th, 2008, 9:10 am

Hey, Rand! ;)
Ben wrote:Just seen a hi-res version of the Blu-ray art and though it's the same as the regular DVD, the squirrel and bluebird don't look anywhere as near "slapped on" when you can see it properly, though they could be doing with making this more "animated" and selling that angle more.

BLU-SPECS (TBC):
Widescreen 2.35:1, 1080p, color
Dolby Digital PCM 48 kHz, 24-bit uncompressed

The D-Files: discover hidden references to classic Disney films (BD Exclusive)
Deleted scenes
Bloopers
Three behind-the-scenes featurettes
Pip's Predicament: A Pop-Up Adventure
Interactive Game: "The D-Files" (BD-Java)

Aweeee...no commentary...I smell Disney's first Blu-double dip. Bah!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 12th, 2008, 12:56 pm

I like the idea of a section devoted to hidden disney references so that there is a more solid idea as opposed to that list on wiki. Maybe they will put in some things that we missed.

In stores march 18th, yayay. ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » January 13th, 2008, 2:26 pm

Daniel, I didn't use quick edit, I went back to edit it. I'll show you the message I get if it happens again.
Foxtale wrote:I like the idea of a section devoted to hidden disney references so that there is a more solid idea as opposed to that list on wiki. Maybe they will put in some things that we missed.
Hmm, I thought it was posted here, I guess not.

Click here for a few references found in "The Happy Working Song" and Prince Edward.

Click here for a very long number of pages showing the rest of the references found throughout the whole film (you scroll down and click "Next Page"). That's what Disney says is all of them (well, I suspect there would be some secret ones we'll never know). Don't forget to click on the pictures to see them bigger.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » January 14th, 2008, 6:12 am

I have yet to see Enchanted in theaters.
If all goes well, today might be the day.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2008, 7:13 am

Good luck! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Indeed! :)
Dusterian wrote:Daniel, I didn't use quick edit, I went back to edit it. I'll show you the message I get if it happens again.
Kewl!

And thank you so much for the links! I didn't even know the site had that. Wow, so much better then the list Wiki has and with pictures! From my brief glimpse, it looks like I caught almost everything, yay!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 14th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Wow that is some list they have there. The used so many different pieces of Disney peoples' names for all those side characters.

Thanks for posting this ^.^

Aw that is so cute, one of the old men in the "how does she know" scene was a dancer in Mary Poppins.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 22nd, 2008, 7:43 am

It looks as though Alan Menken's score for Enchanted has been ruled ineligible for Oscar consideration, due to the "predominant use of songs." :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » January 22nd, 2008, 9:04 am

I should probably go check for myself, but did any of the songs get nominated?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » January 22nd, 2008, 9:09 am

Phil wrote:I should probably go check for myself, but did any of the songs get nominated?
Yes!!!!

3!!!

That's how you know
Happy Working Song
So Close
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 22nd, 2008, 9:14 am

Josh wrote:It looks as though Alan Menken's score for Enchanted has been ruled ineligible for Oscar consideration, due to the "predominant use of songs." :(
But .. Menken composes the songs, as well .. and weaves those melodies & themes throughout his scores. The linked article sounds almost as if the Academy were saying, "You're winning too many statues for Best Score, Alan; let's give some other composers a chance." Completely unfair. :evil:

On the bright side, nice to see three of Enchanted's songs nominated, anyway .. :)