AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 12th, 2006, 7:56 am

I forget...But I don't think so.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2006, 11:58 am

Mickey...the twist...

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. And now I think about it...how does that even make SENSE?? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Poofyhairedgirl » June 15th, 2006, 7:39 pm

I thought the film was really good, inacurate in many parts but its hollywood what can you expect? Although Brian Singer's adaptations were remarkable (really awesome too!!), I indeed miss his direction because we all know that if he directed this film then it most likely would've been ten times better.

But the guy who directed this, forgot his name, he did a good job as well. The story was off kinda and really, I was extremely upset with what they did to Mystique (I mean, Eric wouldn't just walk out on her, thats ridiculous!! After what they've been through) and Rogue?! she was a wimp in this ENTIRE film. and I especially disliked that. All she played was the jealous girl. She should be out there kicking booty. She barely kicked booty in the 2nd one too!! But yeah. and wouldn't you think Jean would have more remorse about killing scott? Perhaps while sitting at the house she was grieving, i think she was thinking about things, or at least trying to, but since its so hard with the Phoenix around, I mean.

But yeah, it was a good film nonetheless, I'm a fan of X-Men, I did my research after the film, yes there are ALOT of inaccurate things within the story, but I'm not going to rave on and on about that. Yes its sad but its inaccurate in a ..."pretty" way. Its a good film, at least one of the best thats in theatres right now. For people who dont know the actual story line, then its AWESOME for them, it was awesome for me, and it still is. I loved it. I think it was the best out of the three but story was, its horrible.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 15th, 2006, 11:26 pm

i see your new here missd. poofy haired girl ;) Welcome abord.
~a-G :wink:

:D
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 16th, 2006, 10:15 am

NOW YOUR SOUL BELONGS TO US. :twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2006, 1:07 pm

The story was off kinda and really, I was extremely upset with what they did to Mystique (I mean, Eric wouldn't just walk out on her, thats ridiculous!!
Actually, that was the one thing I thought was kinda interesting and accurate in the film--Magneto's not a good guy and he truly DOES consider humans inferior to mutants. (reverse-prejudice) So it Mystique turns into a human, it is logical that Magneto would abandon her since she's not "one of us" anymore.

I thought the moment should have been held longer for emphasis, but Magneto does say "such a waste." He found Mystique useful and maybe even had another relationship with her, but as a human, she's nothing to him.

That's how I saw it, anyway.

It was also cool to see Pyro again, more should have been done with him. But his fight with Bobby/Iceman was lame....like, oh, now they're enemies. Big deal. They were never "friends" to begin with, so who cares? Would have been cooler to see him confronting Xavier.

And I agree about Rogue...she barely does anything here.

*COMIC SPOILERS*!! :)
And as I said before, when are we gonna get to see her fly and beat guys up? The reason she has so much "angst" is because she permanantly absorbed those powers from this other woman. That's one of the things that makes her character so interesting. Without that background, she's a pale copy of the Rogue from the comics.
But yeah. and wouldn't you think Jean would have more remorse about killing scott? Perhaps while sitting at the house she was grieving, i think she was thinking about things, or at least trying to, but since its so hard with the Phoenix around, I mean.
That's why many people feel they messed up Dark Pheonix so badly. Because you never really see Jean's struggle to be "herself" and her anguish over what she does. It's like if Green Goblin in Spidey 1 had been all evil and we never saw Osborne's horror over what was happening to him. Ditto for Dock Ock in Spidey 2.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Hey, as I've said before, I haven't seen the first two "X-men" films, but there's something I gotta know: I've been hearing from reviews that Magneto is a Holocaust survivor. Can anyone tell me how that happened? Thanks.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 19th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Magneto is Jewish and was born in Poland. He saw his family and everyone he knew killed in Auschwitz during WWII. (This is shown in the opening of X1)

Kitty Pryde's grandfather was also a Holocaust survivor. She also lost other family in the war. This is never referred to in the films, however.

Later on Magneto emigrated to Israel, where he worked at a hospital as an orderlee and met Charles Xavier. (who was the hospital psychiatrist)

The fact that mutants are so hated is what galvanized Magneto to start the Brotherhood, since he already knew what "discrimination" was all about.

According to the comics Magneto already had a wife and children when it happened, and they all died. The first X-Men movie showed Magneto as a little boy seeing his parents taken away. Sometimes the comics refer to Magneto being a child during the war, sometimes not. It varies.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Did he know he was a Mutant yet when it happened?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 19th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Not sure. But in one of the comics mentioned that he discovered his power in the camp and used it against the guards. Another mutant who reads his mind tells him: "Your wife ran away when she saw you , saw what you could do...." and Magneto goes ballistic because he doesn't want his secrets known.

In X1, Bryan Singer's version, he's a little boy when he discovers his power in the camp. He tries to save his parents from the guards, but it doesn't work.

Like I said, there are different versions. But the general consensus, I think, is that he discovered his power around the time he was in the camp, although he didn't really understand it or know how to use it.

:wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on June 19th, 2006, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Oh, wow, thanks. I feel like I know a lot more now. :)

Magneto's my favorite X-Men character, so I'm happy to learn stuff about him.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 19th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Have you checked Wikipedia for more info, Wendy's Jane? Also, did you know a Magneto spin-off film is in the works?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 20th, 2006, 10:18 am

1. No, but maybe someday I will.

2. Big fat yes! :D But it better have Ian. Or else!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vekoma » July 12th, 2006, 5:25 pm

I myself am a big fan of the comics and the animated series (the original ones not the new ones they are airing now) and I thought the third movie was the worst of all 3.
I wasn't too happy what they did with Rogue in the first 2 movies, or the way they changed other stuff, but this movie really cut the cake in ways of just using the story everyone (who knows X-men) knows and just making your own story for it.

The killing of Scott in the first 10 minutes of the movie (lame the way they did it and people actually boo-ed when it happened in the theater)
The killing of Xavier, the killing of Jean at the end, the way mistique lost her powers and was abondoned. The sudden entree of Beast, Juggernaut etc. etc. The whole 'lift the golden gate bridge to alcatraz part' All parts people complained about when I saw the movie on premiere night here in Holland.

I was there together with a couple of friends, all whom are also fans of X-men, have read the comics and more. And we all agreed, this wasn't a X-Men movie, this was just a lame spinoff.
[img]http://members.lycos.nl/vekoma/sig.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2006, 9:11 pm

I was there together with a couple of friends, all whom are also fans of X-men, have read the comics and more. And we all agreed, this wasn't a X-Men movie, this was just a lame spinoff.
Yeah, I agree.
And I still don't get how they could have Juggernaut and not mention that he's Xavier's stepbrother...